Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> rainy lake

Message Subject: rainy lake
kkrieg
Posted 5/20/2022 9:39 AM (#1006481)
Subject: rainy lake

buddy want to go to rainy lake to fish and stay on Hitchcock island. I have two question that he can't answer, is there musky around that area and is the island safe to beach a fiberglass boat on. Hard to tell in the pictures. Buddy wants to mostly walleye fish, mostly I want to musky fish. Any info would be helpful
sworrall
Posted 5/20/2022 10:13 AM (#1006489 - in reply to #1006481)
Subject: Re: rainy lake

From my past experience, the muskie population is low but fishable in the Redgut area. Big pike though.
Brian Hoffies
Posted 5/21/2022 12:11 PM (#1006518 - in reply to #1006481)

Water is incredibly high right now. Flooding everywhere. If you come go very, very slow. Lots of floating debris and submerged rocks that use to be visible. Of course everything depends on when you are coming.
chuckski
Posted 6/3/2022 8:58 AM (#1006769 - in reply to #1006481)

There was a large fish caught out of Lake Of The Woods in the early 90's witch was written up in In-Fisherman where is fishermen would go to Lake Of The Woods every year fishing with a Bass sized bait caster and cast Bass sized spinner baits and just cast around all the islands and catch Northerns and Smallmouth and 3-4 Muskies a week (couple of them would be 20 pounders) and his friends laughed at him because he did not even own a real Muskie lure. Then he caught really big one and I forget the size. He released the fish then everybody put in for line class record do this do that and at that point he said never mind and just let me fish. I could see myself going to Rainy with a muskie rig and 10 lures along Bass/Walleye tackle some Mepps and Rapala's along with some jig and twister tails. catching fish all day long would be fun.
North of 8
Posted 6/3/2022 10:41 AM (#1006773 - in reply to #1006769)

My sister and her husband lived on Rainy for a couple years but unfortunately they moved before I retired so never got to fish for musky there. Did fish for walleye and the guy in the bait shop said his family had a cabin on the Canadian side and he claimed there were some muskies in the Redgut area as Steve mentioned. Few years ago, the younger Lindners filmed a show in the fall on the Canadian side and they put some big fish in the net. Nasty, cold and rainy but using bucktails they caught some good ones. Talked to my sister recently and a friend of hers up there said the same as Brian, high water this spring, real mess for navigation.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)