Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Leech Lake Advice

Message Subject: Leech Lake Advice
Weiseyyy
Posted 5/15/2022 10:04 PM (#1006379)
Subject: Leech Lake Advice

Hello!

I just wanted to post on here asking about spots to try on Leach Lake for Muskies. My current plan is to hit as many small bays and islands as possible, but I would greatly appreciate some secondary options. I'll be heading up there the weekend after Minnesota's opener.

Thanks for any help at all.

Edited by Weiseyyy 5/15/2022 11:14 PM
Masqui-ninja
Posted 5/16/2022 5:37 AM (#1006381 - in reply to #1006379)
Subject: Re: Leech Lake Advice

Pay attention to schools of large baitfish, much more important than "spots" in June. Otherwise, you could contact a few fish casting in bays (that act as smaller lakes), or try the warmer water areas of the main lake adjacent to spawning areas. Good presentation options then include casting jerkbaits or trolling large crankbaits. Good luck!
sworrall
Posted 5/20/2022 10:15 AM (#1006490 - in reply to #1006381)

Check the small 'harbors'. We have done well fishing the opening to the lake on some days.
RJ_692
Posted 5/23/2022 7:23 AM (#1006551 - in reply to #1006379)

post spawn migration routes and bait fish on the routes, holding pens off those routes.
chuckski
Posted 6/3/2022 11:40 AM (#1006775 - in reply to #1006379)

We were there in early October of 1999 and we got smoked only saw 2 Muskies all week. Hot and sunny all week! I brought a bunch of jerk baits and cranks and rubber a mistake on my part I had no bucktails or topwater lures along. We stayed at a place on Allen's point on the south end of Walker bay by Shingobee Bay. Fished Shingobee Bay, Walker bay, Agency Bay and Agency Narrows. The resort owner marked my maps with some of spots from Al Maas (Al's a legend in these parts) and Al guided a friend to a 49" the next year. I also wasted a lot of gas one day driving out to the Pelican reefs. Lots of great looking spots! Also was going to fish with a friend of a friend Muskie fishing but he got on a hot Walleye bit up in Sucker Bay.
It was nice being so close to Walker for eating out and for the girls to shop. Well the cabin was unique I guess you could say.
It sat on a cliff over looking Walker Bay, in fact when fishing Walker Bay I could see it off in the distance (It was yellowish gold) There were seven of us family and friends in this cabin and things got weird. One morning at first light one of my sisters wakes up and looks across the room and see's a ghost! No kidding. This man was standing in front of a dresser looking in the mirror buttoning a flannel shirt. We are dogging my sister over what she thinks she saw and fishing buddy who was also staying in the cabin chimes in well I got up to use the bathroom and saw something too!
Another thing about this cabin being on this cliff it looked like it could fall down into the lake. "Dad are you sure this place is safe" ? A few years after our stay I looked on Google maps and the cabin was gone. Not sure if it fell in the lake or they tore it down. And over the years even in a drought it well rain when we are leaving and packing the boat and this year it rained when we packed the boat!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)