Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Help Me save My Dussa Dude

Message Subject: Help Me save My Dussa Dude
esox109
Posted 4/18/2020 6:49 PM (#958370)
Subject: Help Me save My Dussa Dude

I have a couple Medussa's that are dying. One is oozing sticky oil/grease, is sticky as hot candy, and smells like 5 day old roadkill. The other looks like it has been in the oven and is laying in it's own melted oil. I already asked Rick at Chaos and he had no ideas on how to save them because the ones that do that are from long ago and from a different plastic before he owned them. Has anyone been able to stop the bleeding and save any that have suffered this fate? Or should I trade them to my fishing partner and tell him the smell is a new musky attractant?
bturg
Posted 4/19/2020 1:46 PM (#958412 - in reply to #958370)
Subject: Re: Help Me save My Dussa Dude

It's a six step process:
1. remove hooks and split rings...set aside
2. throw melted Medussa's in the trash
3. buy new ones in the color of your preference
4. Present new purchases to hungry muskies
5. Cut hook barbs when required to release muskies
6. replace cut hooks with recycled hooks
esox109
Posted 4/19/2020 8:58 PM (#958457 - in reply to #958370)

Bob I'm so disappointed. Out of all the people in the musky world I thought your response would be how I could repurpose the non melted Dussa tails and body onto or into an outer galactic musky science bait or using those parts to beautify another lure. Guess I'll pick up where you left off. I miss your articles in MH mag. I've already got some ideas for those tails muahahaha
RJ_692
Posted 4/20/2020 7:13 AM (#958462 - in reply to #958370)

you could make a mold from them, melt'em down and repour.
bturg
Posted 4/20/2020 6:59 PM (#958501 - in reply to #958370)

Sorry Dude. Lots of the early ones were "melters. That said I have moved around many Medusa tails to make color combo's that I liked and made a few with huge single tails that ran well and caught fish...get creative !
esox109
Posted 4/20/2020 9:34 PM (#958513 - in reply to #958370)

There he is!!! That's the Bob I know. I'm gettin creative alright as I'm thinking of slappin some legs on a tail prop topwater but bending up a spreader bar to mount them on down low under water with some hitchhikers to keep those legs on. Could work on a front prop better so we'll see. Also contemplating using the other legs with a similar set up on the rear of a minnow twitch bait. Nice idea on the leg color change and big tail. I've done that on some dawgs. Good to hear from ya

Mojo1269
Posted 4/21/2020 1:23 PM (#958544 - in reply to #958370)

I know of more than one person that ended up with just a lead head and part of a harness while fighting a fish that ate an old school Dussa's as the harnesses did not age well. I made the tough decision to replace my supply a couple years back.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)