Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Illinois Anglers Rejoice...Kinda

Message Subject: Illinois Anglers Rejoice...Kinda
esox109
Posted 4/24/2020 7:46 AM (#958732)
Subject: Illinois Anglers Rejoice...Kinda

Does anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that May 1st is gonna be like the last day of school at 2:31 pm and everyone is literally running out to their cars and melting the tires down in epic burnout fashion to get outta there (Or to the lakes in this case)?? Pritzger will be like the principal out there in the smoke filled lot trying to tell all the screaming people hanging out the windows of the cars to put their seat belts on? Good time to make a boat launch FAIL compilation vid. Just sayin'

Edited by esox109 4/24/2020 8:01 AM
Slamr
Posted 4/24/2020 12:09 PM (#958755 - in reply to #958732)
Subject: RE: Illinois Anglers Rejoice...Kinda

esox109 - 4/24/2020 7:46 AM

Does anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that May 1st is gonna be like the last day of school at 2:31 pm and everyone is literally running out to their cars and melting the tires down in epic burnout fashion to get outta there (Or to the lakes in this case)?? Pritzger will be like the principal out there in the smoke filled lot trying to tell all the screaming people hanging out the windows of the cars to put their seat belts on? Good time to make a boat launch FAIL compilation vid. Just sayin'

I just hope we can all do our best to follow social distancing guidelines at the ramp and to the best we can in our boats (only those you live with for example, or mask/glove up). Or we'll be facing a Michigan like situation.

My suggestions (totally non scientific or anything, but just thinking)

*get your food/drinks/snacks from stocks at your house to avoid going into the gas station
*when touching the gas pump to fuel your vehicle, wear gloves of some sort
*get to a super crowded ramp? either wait til others launch so you don't need to interact in the open air OR use another ramp.
*don't pack 7 people in your boat - please dont.
North of 8
Posted 4/24/2020 12:21 PM (#958756 - in reply to #958755)
Subject: Re: Illinois Anglers Rejoice...Kinda

Something else with gas stations. Most of the Kwik Trips I use have a hand sanitizer dispenser mounted on a post by the pumps. If it is there and filled, can be helpful. I carry some in my jacket pocket but doesn't hurt to look for the dispenser. Not sure about other stations.
esox109
Posted 4/24/2020 1:04 PM (#958757 - in reply to #958732)

According to IDNR page they say only 2 people in a boat max so we'll see how that goes. That rule had some questioning that if they are all immediate family members but as it reads only 2 per boat. All good ideas above as far as safeguards. Hey, I'm just glad we can go fishing and golfing, etc.
Fishboy19
Posted 4/24/2020 1:10 PM (#958758 - in reply to #958732)

If everybody attempts to stay within the state guidelines, we won't have any issues with the governor. Don't post pics or videos on any social media that show poor judgement. When in doubt, don't post anything. If we do, then we can only look in the mirror as to why the lakes and parks are closing again.

Edited by Fishboy19 4/24/2020 1:11 PM
ToddM
Posted 4/24/2020 1:29 PM (#958759 - in reply to #958732)

Yep just be smart about it. They didn't open all the parks, heidecke, starved rock and many others stay closed. If SIU wasn't closed I would question why they are opening giant city. The salmon guys will flock to north point. Show good judgement and maybe the rest follow soon. Good luck and be safe..

Edited by ToddM 4/24/2020 1:31 PM
North of 8
Posted 4/24/2020 4:05 PM (#958760 - in reply to #958758)

Fishboy19 - 4/24/2020 1:10 PM

If everybody attempts to stay within the state guidelines, we won't have any issues with the governor. Don't post pics or videos on any social media that show poor judgement. When in doubt, don't post anything. If we do, then we can only look in the mirror as to why the lakes and parks are closing again.

The social media posts of dozens of young people congregating on beaches was a prime reason WI closed a lot of parks, after not including them in the close orders. That and the tons of trash people were leaving in parks that didn't have staff yet. Big signs: no staff, please take your trash. Yeah, right, the great American public.
Muskie Gal
Posted 4/24/2020 6:10 PM (#958763 - in reply to #958755)

Slamr - 4/24/2020 12:09 PM

I just hope we can all do our best to follow social distancing guidelines at the ramp and to the best we can in our boats (only those you live with for example, or mask/glove up). Or we'll be facing a Michigan like situation.

*get your food/drinks/snacks from stocks at your house to avoid going into the gas station
*get to a super crowded ramp? either wait til others launch so you don't need to interact in the open air OR use another ramp.

Gloves is a bad idea unless you change them every time you touch something.
Ivegotafever
Posted 4/24/2020 6:20 PM (#958766 - in reply to #958763)

Muskie Gal - 4/24/2020 6:10 PM

Slamr - 4/24/2020 12:09 PM

Gloves is a bad idea unless you change them every time you touch something.

I believe he left out the part about how when you are finished pumping gas, take the gloves off and discard them in a trash receptacle. I kind of assumed that was the deal by context.
pstrombe
Posted 4/24/2020 7:36 PM (#958770 - in reply to #958732)

I went out on a Mississippi River Backwater today and the launch was busy but everybody was cool. Guys just waited in their vehicles or idled offshore until the launch cleared. Shore anglers were well distanced. The water in this location warms before the main river so it always attracts anglers earlier in the season today was no different.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)