Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Navionics in more than one unit

Message Subject: Navionics in more than one unit
Reef Hawg
Posted 8/22/2019 12:17 PM (#945747)
Subject: Navionics in more than one unit

Hi gang, I just purchased a new Navionics chip for my Lowrance units. When I updated the card out of the box(All USA/Canada Nav+), it asked me for the unit I'm using. I clicked HDS 10 which is my back unit. However, when I tried putting it into my front HDS 7, I could not read the card. I cannot find on the Navionics website where it indicates that the cards are unit specific unless inserted into a computer and switched. The issue comes into play as I'm headed to Canada and really like the more detailed contours in some areas of LOTW. I'd like to look at it on the big unit from time to time, then fish with it up front. Leaving for our trip tomorrow and trying to determine how to get the card readable by both units, or I'll need to return it. To be specific, I'm not trying to see the card in both units at once as I know that is not possible in my units. I just want the ability to swap between the two.

Thanks for any/all help

Jason Schillinger
Pointerpride102
Posted 8/22/2019 12:44 PM (#945748 - in reply to #945747)
Subject: Re: Navionics in more than one unit

If they’re both Gen 2 or higher just Ethernet them together and put the card in the one that works, they’ll share map info via the Ethernet (yellow plug).
Reef Hawg
Posted 8/22/2019 2:10 PM (#945749 - in reply to #945747)
Subject: RE: Navionics in more than one unit

See the second to last sentance in my post. Unfortunately Gen 1 on both(yes, I need to escape the dark ages). I've drilled it down to my HDS 7 not reading the card. I'm working on unit resets/updates now.
Pointerpride102
Posted 8/22/2019 2:56 PM (#945751 - in reply to #945749)

Reef Hawg - 8/22/2019 2:10 PM

See the second to last sentance in my post. Unfortunately Gen 1 on both(yes, I need to escape the dark ages). I've drilled it down to my HDS 7 not reading the card. I'm working on unit resets/updates now.

Crap, missed that part. If you’re on Facebook do a search for Lowrance groups, some pretty helpful guys on there.
Reef Hawg
Posted 8/22/2019 4:31 PM (#945756 - in reply to #945747)

Mike, thank you!!! Apparently needed to re install the same update again, to get the card to read, to reconfigure from using old nav card. Now it can use both as the new card was inserted first. I have no idea how or why to understand this, but it is now working. Thank you.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)