Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Air Ride Pedastals

Reply New post
Message Subject: Air Ride Pedastals
ram57
Posted 7/10/2019 11:03 AM (#942050)
Subject: Air Ride Pedastals

I currently have the hydraulic pedestals that I upgraded to when buying my boat in 2016 I Think they are Springfields, While these do offer some cushioning they are not getting the job done on rough water!
I am looking at the Wavepro and Airwave pedestals. Both look like a huge upgrade!
I would like your opinions good or bad on both these products I know there are threads on both but would really appreciate you current opinions..
Thanks!
Mojo1269
Posted 7/10/2019 11:53 AM (#942053 - in reply to #942050)
Subject: Re: Air Ride Pedastals

I had Wave Pro's on my last boat and have them on my new 2019 619. I am a big fan...They work great and I like how slim they are compared to competitors models.
Pat Hoolihan
Posted 7/11/2019 6:45 AM (#942132 - in reply to #942050)

WavePro all the way. They take up absolutely zero room and I find them to be the most user friendly because I rarely have to adjust them, even between my tiny wife and larger father. Airwave and Smooth Move make excellent products too but I prefer WavePro.
OH Musky
Posted 7/14/2019 5:35 AM (#942322 - in reply to #942050)

Wave Pro user here. Only type I've used but I like them a lot. Wish the air fitting wasn't at the very bottom but I don't need to adjust them very often. If I set the passenger side for my weight or my friend's, my wife's feet dangle a bit...LOL.
ram57
Posted 7/15/2019 6:07 AM (#942353 - in reply to #942050)

Thanks for the response's! I really appreciate it!!
I was leaning towards Wave Pro's due to their aesthetics.
CMesserschmidt
Posted 7/23/2019 8:19 AM (#942911 - in reply to #942050)

So, here is my take.... So far I have ran, Smooth Moves, tried Wave Pro's and currently have Airwaves.

The wave pro's are nice as well. They're smooth for sure and give a good ride. I also like the ability to be able to move them to different pedistals.

I currently have airwaves in my boat. And the reason is the build. These things are built to last. They have smooth travel and rebound as well. Downfall is not having the ability to move them to other seats. Now this didn't bother me as I just did the driver and passenger seats and those never move in my boat. Also, the customer service over there is top notch as well.

If I ever plan to add suspension to my back seats for passengers which probably won't happen, I would put wave pro's in just so I can take them out when not in use. But for my seat airwaves all the way.
sworrall
Posted 7/23/2019 8:48 AM (#942913 - in reply to #942911)

Smooth Moves is a great choice. They offer mechanical, which Keith prefers, and air, which I prefer. The Smooth Moves Air inflate via a switch, and can be adjusted while underway with a simple touch of the switch, no need to stop and mess around with any 'hand pump' adjustment. Most folks wire the Smooth Moves AIR to a dash switch.

We cover the Mercury Marine National Walleye Tour on Winnebago fielding 300 boats. Winnebago is known for it's boat bruising waves, and a huge percentage of the boats with aftermarket seating run Smooth Moves. Good company, two choices on suspension seating, and the Smooth Moves Air are around $200 less than Airwaves and $100 less than the Wavepro.

Great people there, superb product, and excellent customer service and satisfaction.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)