Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> LOTW

Message Subject: LOTW
Mudpuppy
Posted 10/22/2018 3:21 PM (#921409)
Subject: LOTW

Spent a week Oct.12 to 20th. Tradgedy week for sure. Three natives died from Morson crossing big lake section at night. Hit a reef capsized. Wind was fierce three days and didn't get out. Biggest 47 of six caught. Water temp 39.4. Snow, cold fishing slow some days with 0. Caught fish only two days out of the week. After 55 years of this I still have a lot to learn.

Mudpuppy
Musky Brian
Posted 10/22/2018 3:36 PM (#921410 - in reply to #921409)
Subject: Re: LOTW

Lot of bad stories this fall coming out of LOTW. A couple weeks back a few guys ended up stranded for days on Lily Island I read, despite going out of Buena Vista (way into the Angle from Sabaskong). I think fight for life was called into the Angle for a separate issue last week as well.

Edited by Musky Brian 10/22/2018 3:37 PM
Propster
Posted 10/22/2018 4:01 PM (#921411 - in reply to #921409)

Speaking of running the lake at night we had what felt like a Deliverance type experience one night out by Huggins. Fishing a reef on the last spot of the night, full lights and everything. As we were getting near the end and time to go I said to my partner do you hear a boat? Couldn't see any lights. After a bit we could definitely make out that a boat was coming toward us from the west, from quite a ways out. Eventually it got close and was a 16 or 18 foot plain jane tin boat with tiller, and no lights. And we could hear another one coming behind it. Pretty soon the first one pulled up about 40 yards away and shut off his motor, the second one pulled up a little further out and shut off his. One guy in each, and no light from a sonar/gps unit either that we could tell. First guy stood up and just was looking at us. I hollered over "what's up"? Nothing. Asked again "can we help you"? No reply just stared. Didn't want to take off behind these guys if they still had more running to do so we packed up and left. We guessed that it may have been natives out to set walleye nets on that reef. But a little creepy and not sure how far they had to go back, but dangerous for sure. And I assume they come back before light and remove the nets too.
ToddM
Posted 10/22/2018 4:07 PM (#921413 - in reply to #921409)

The Native Americans frequent a few bars by boat and leave at night in total darkness as well. Seen it and was surprised. I know i would not be able to get back to another island on any frequent basis without incident.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)