Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> LSC Early Season

Message Subject: LSC Early Season
CantCatch'em
Posted 5/3/2018 6:13 AM (#905694)
Subject: LSC Early Season

With the changing of the open season on Lake St Clair, I was wondering what people thoughts about fishing prior to June. I am thinking about heading out in a few weeks and with the cold spring I am not sure what to expect.
goose007us
Posted 5/3/2018 2:18 PM (#905710 - in reply to #905694)
Subject: Re: LSC Early Season

While legal, I think it's probably going to be frowned upon until the spawn is over at the very least.
ToddM
Posted 5/3/2018 3:55 PM (#905713 - in reply to #905694)

Egg drop soup is a good color for that time of year.
detroithardcore
Posted 5/4/2018 7:19 AM (#905741 - in reply to #905694)

No need to feel bad for fishing LSC system now. Yes, many guides and locals frown upon it but it's not their decision to make whether you decide to fish. Season is open and perfectly legal. Heck, the D. River temps were 48.5 degrees the other day so fish are still prespawn and think no harm will be done. It would be frowned up and common sense to try and purposely hook spawning fish. 99.9% of the time they are not gonna eat your lure and I would like to think most sportsman would leave those fish alone. The NRC and DNR say CIR will have little if any impact on the fishery. Each spring plenty of accidental Muskie are caught by walleye and bass fisherman. If I can find the time this month I'm more than happy to head out and find a prespawn giant. For most it can be a learning curve trying to find fish this time of year since we've never chased them this early but there's certainly plenty of areas in the lake and rivers to find fish that will eat. Also, the people who are so against it didn't stop fishing last June when the spawn was really late and everyone knew it. People continued to fish. It's no different. PM me if your looking for general areas...

Edited by detroithardcore 5/4/2018 7:31 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)