Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Phantom lure problems

Message Subject: Phantom lure problems
splash
Posted 9/29/2017 8:35 PM (#879713)
Subject: Phantom lure problems

Anyone having issues with paint peeling on your phantom lures. I've got one where the whole lure is peeling. Never had a problem before. Just too expensive tp have this issue
IMO.

Thanks in advance
Jim
ILmuskie
Posted 9/30/2017 7:05 AM (#879734 - in reply to #879713)
Subject: Re: Phantom lure problems

Wow! I don't have issues with my Phantom lures! Strange!
tundrawalker00
Posted 9/30/2017 7:47 AM (#879735 - in reply to #879713)

I'll beat Steve to this question. Have you tried contacting the company? They'll probably respond better if they don't see this thread first.
Mojo1269
Posted 9/30/2017 8:46 AM (#879738 - in reply to #879713)
Subject: RE: Phantom lure problems

Never with a Phantom but when Phantom was painting/making Hard Heads for H2O (Pre-Buy Out) I had it happen. I use Phantoms all the time and have never had a problem. Just one of those things. I'm sure if you Contact them they will take care of it...
Musky Brian
Posted 9/30/2017 9:07 AM (#879743 - in reply to #879738)

I had one peel bad...but it also got chomped on pretty bad so I assumed that was a factor.
bbeaupre
Posted 9/30/2017 9:38 AM (#879746 - in reply to #879713)

Yes, I have had this issue with the new ones, especially the 10 inch. After one fish the clear coat is peeling off in large 2 inch chunks, this is also happening to 1 that has not caught a fish. The old one I have did the same thing but it took ~10 fish to start peeling. It seems the clear on the new baits is thicker than the old ones, not sure if this is a factor or not.
h2os2t
Posted 9/30/2017 12:29 PM (#879754 - in reply to #879738)

Mojo1269 - If the HardHead was an H2O it was painted by me not Phantom. There was only a few that the epoxy came off and I replaced them when contacted. I figured out what happened and fixed it.
Tackle Industries
Posted 9/30/2017 12:58 PM (#879757 - in reply to #879754)

JMO but why post this here vs email or call the company? Nobody here will do anything for you BUT the company might replace them free or charge for you. Not trying to be an ars-hole to you, I just see this way too much where ppl bring these issue to social media before they allow the company to help with the problem. Good company so you should not have any cusomter service issues IMO.

Here is the contact Us page on the upper right
https://www.phantomlures.com/

James
Espy
Posted 10/1/2017 6:28 AM (#879781 - in reply to #879713)

Like James said, contact Phantom direct and they will take care of you, Jeff and his crew are awesome
supertrollr
Posted 10/1/2017 6:35 AM (#879782 - in reply to #879757)

Tackle Industries - 9/30/2017 12:58 PM

JMO but why post this here vs email or call the company? Nobody here will do anything for you BUT the company might replace them free or charge for you. Not trying to be an ars-hole to you, I just see this way too much where ppl bring these issue to social media before they allow the company to help with the problem. Good company so you should not have any cusomter service issues IMO.

James

fyi if it's a good idea to share the good things but not just the good one.then when we want to buy something we can do it more intelligently
Tackle Industries
Posted 10/1/2017 9:56 AM (#879789 - in reply to #879782)

supertrollr - 10/1/2017 6:35 AM

Tackle Industries - 9/30/2017 12:58 PM

James

fyi if it's a good idea to share the good things but not just the good one.then when we want to buy something we can do it more intelligently

supertrollr,
Very true but why not give the company the benefit of the doubt first? Then after they have done a good job with customer service, then come here and ask the questions and follow it up with (hopefully) the GREAT customer service you got from company XYZ. That is all I am saying. Every single company out there has issues with production and occasional manufacturing defects. Its how they take care of you as a customer is the important thing. Have a good weekend. James
Tackle Industries
Posted 10/1/2017 10:02 AM (#879791 - in reply to #879781)

Espy - 10/1/2017 6:28 AM

Like James said, contact Phantom direct and they will take care of you, Jeff and his crew are awesome

LOL Steve needs to install a "Like" button
splash
Posted 10/1/2017 11:55 AM (#879798 - in reply to #879713)

James=
I assure you no ill intent was meant by my question. Phantom Lures has been contacted. I unlike you was always glad to have comments, questions AND issues with my products whether it be on a blog or privately. Did you notice how many good comments on Phantom Lures were made. To me it just keeps us on our toes to build the best product available.
Jim
Tackle Industries
Posted 10/1/2017 5:30 PM (#879823 - in reply to #879798)

splash - 10/1/2017 11:55 AM

James=
I assure you no ill intent was meant by my question. Phantom Lures has been contacted. I unlike you was always glad to have comments, questions AND issues with my products whether it be on a blog or privately. Did you notice how many good comments on Phantom Lures were made. To me it just keeps us on our toes to build the best product available.
Jim

No offense taken. LOL social media has given me a thicker skin over the years ha ha. Glad they are taking care of you. Great company to buy from for sure!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)