Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> eagle lake sportsmans lodge

Message Subject: eagle lake sportsmans lodge
muskysaloon
Posted 6/3/2017 8:43 AM (#863760)
Subject: eagle lake sportsmans lodge

I'll be heading up here with the family for their first ever Canadian experience. I'd like to portage into one of the lakes off Eagle so my girls can have that experience. Any suggestions on what portage lakes off Eagle provide fast action walleye (or anything really) fishing that they could experience along with a remote shore lunch? thanks!
ColdLabatts
Posted 6/4/2017 12:40 PM (#863854 - in reply to #863760)
Subject: Re: eagle lake sportsmans lodge

Andy Myers Lodge is really the place to go. Their guides are great and will always put you on fish albeit muskie, walleye, or smallies. No need to find a portage lake there!
Musky Brian
Posted 6/4/2017 10:56 PM (#863933 - in reply to #863760)

Sounds like your lodge already has a few options set up for their guests. Not familiar with any on that part of the lake that I fished. I will say, the East End of Eagle is a Walleye factory...the portage thing is cool but really won't be necessary
Andy Myers Lodge
Posted 6/5/2017 9:39 AM (#863966 - in reply to #863933)

im not positive which portage lakes off eagle they have boat caches on but i believe buzzard for sure and probably crabclaw and posssibly walleye lk. if they do not have a boat on a lake you want to fish it will be impossible unless they request another lodge who does to use one of thiers. the boat cache /portage lakes are a fun expereince but a bit of work and most of them are primarily lake trout/pike lakes with walleyes too). a neat trip is going up the creek 4 miles thru wilderness to clear water lk for lake trout,pike,and when you find the walleyes they are usually big. a shorelunch of some freshly caught 2-3# lakers is a treat and the lake is beautiful. should be an easy trip with the higher water this spring. that being said to be quite honest the walleye fishing on eagle rt now is hard to beat and getting better by the day with the warmer weather. reports from the guides last nite (im just leaving tues am be there till nov 10 but get daily reports) were 75-150 walleyes per boat. fish been avg 12-28 " with most 14-20" but alot of slots 18-25" now starting to show up. there are lots of places on eagle in any section you can be far and away away from any civilization in a short boat ride for a nice shore lunch expereince too.
im sure you will have a good trip they have nice camp and are good people.

steve herbeck
AML prop. emeritus, guest fishing instruction coordinator, staff master guide
muskie-don58
Posted 6/5/2017 11:56 AM (#863980 - in reply to #863760)

Great response Herbie . Thanks your input is well received .
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)