Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Helix Users!

Reply New post
Message Subject: Helix Users!
danlaboucane
Posted 10/22/2016 10:49 AM (#834369 - in reply to #828141)
Subject: Re: Helix Users!

mtcook16 - 8/22/2016 11:38 AM

danlaboucane - 8/21/2016 6:55 AM

one thing i just learned while studying ethernet linking is that the DI cannot be seen by other units like SI units only by DI units and i was going to put a DI unit on the bow before i read that ! it is complete different thechnology !

I have good news for you--that is not true. First, Any unit that has SI also has DI built in, so that is not an issue. However, new software has allowed for transducer information (as well as waypoints, trails and temperature) to be shared and viewed between units, regardless of unit label. You will however be limited to the views of the most sophisticated unit on the network.

A Sonar/GPS model for instance can show SI or DI by selecting the appropriate transducer in the network settings. Make sense?[/Q

is the si/di transducer added on the trolling motor can be seen with a non/si/di unit when linked to the console unit si/di unit,in other words will the si/di from the trolling motor plugged in the sonar/gps unit on bow can be seen even when the bow unit is non/si/di
mtcook16
Posted 10/24/2016 8:44 AM (#834532 - in reply to #834369)

No, the SI/DI view is a mirrored view from the console unit, like another viewing screen of SI/DI. It is simply sharing the view of what the SI/DI unit is processing. The Sonar unit does not have the ability to process its own SI/DI info, even when networked.

danlaboucane - 10/22/2016 10:49 AM

mtcook16 - 8/22/2016 11:38 AM

danlaboucane - 8/21/2016 6:55 AM

one thing i just learned while studying ethernet linking is that the DI cannot be seen by other units like SI units only by DI units and i was going to put a DI unit on the bow before i read that ! it is complete different thechnology !

I have good news for you--that is not true. First, Any unit that has SI also has DI built in, so that is not an issue. However, new software has allowed for transducer information (as well as waypoints, trails and temperature) to be shared and viewed between units, regardless of unit label. You will however be limited to the views of the most sophisticated unit on the network.

A Sonar/GPS model for instance can show SI or DI by selecting the appropriate transducer in the network settings. Make sense?[/Q

is the si/di transducer added on the trolling motor can be seen with a non/si/di unit when linked to the console unit si/di unit,in other words will the si/di from the trolling motor plugged in the sonar/gps unit on bow can be seen even when the bow unit is non/si/di

Edited by mtcook16 10/24/2016 8:46 AM
danlaboucane
Posted 10/24/2016 9:18 AM (#834539 - in reply to #824168)

ok thanks i just wanted to be sure !
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)