Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Century Lodge on Osbourne Bay Eagle Lake, ONT

Message Subject: Century Lodge on Osbourne Bay Eagle Lake, ONT
MuskieRob
Posted 6/16/2010 11:34 AM (#445837)
Subject: Century Lodge on Osbourne Bay Eagle Lake, ONT

Has anyone fished Osbourne Bay at the end of June-July? I will be up there next week with my brother in law and have never fished this part of Eagle Lake. Are there quantities of muskies in the section of the lake? Avg. size? Also fish for walleyes and smallies. Is this a trolling lake or cast into rocks and shores kind of lake? Any information you can give me would be extremely helpful. We'll be fishing June 25-July 3rd.
Musky Brian
Posted 6/16/2010 11:39 AM (#445839 - in reply to #445837)
Subject: RE: Century Lodge on Osbourne Bay Eagle Lake, ONT

I have never fished over there but have talked to many a guy who does and it seems like they do very well on the Muskies, can't speak for the other species but similar tactics that work on the rest of the lake should be more then adequate out there
tomcat
Posted 6/17/2010 7:34 AM (#445983 - in reply to #445837)

Not a trolling lake for muskies, but good trolling for walleyes.
Muskies will be eating topraiders and jackpots, for sure. Bucktails with orange blades will work great too.
Suicks, 100%. orangle black dot or chartuce w/ black dot.
Smallies are in credible. Tubes, Twister tails, small spinner baits and walk the dog topwaters for smallies. smallies are big there.
Pike are small and annoying. you'll get plenty of pike.
Average size musky in the low 40". fish 50" and bigger are there.
jackpotjohnny48
Posted 6/17/2010 10:00 AM (#445999 - in reply to #445837)

I fished it 2 years ago for the first time. Was there 2 weeks, 10 days of which was spent musky fishing. In 10 days of fishing saw 96 muskies (caught 8, lost 1, with 87 other follows). Black bucktails with hot orange blades (ghosttails, shumway flashers, cowgirls) worked well for us. Also hot orange Suicks. Also orange manta (although not as easy to work a manta due to the abundance of weeds, suick is easier in this situation). Lots of follows plus one musky caught on Bob M's assassin spinnerbait, (black hair with one blade being orange, the other yellow). On 2 different occasions, had 2 muskies follow on the same cast. Did not have any Pearson Grinders with us, but have since purchased some (black with orange blades), specifically for a return to Osbourne. Another group in camp was doing well with them, because they can get through the thick cabbage really well. Caught one fish on topwater (Jackpot), because it was a very windy week, and I don't throw topwater much when it gets real windy. But Jackpots and Topraiders are very productive up there under normal conditions. Color doesn't matter much as long as it's orange. Chartreuse (hot yellow) would be the other option on that dark water.

Hope that helps,
"Jackpot" John Schroeder
Dennis
Posted 6/17/2010 10:08 AM (#446004 - in reply to #445837)

Rob,
I've fished Eagle now for 20 yrs and when we first started we would go opening weekend for ski's ( 3rd weekend in June ) down at Century Lodge.
There is great water down there....mainly casting. Weeds and rocks. Heck you can fish 5 minutes from camp and be in good water.
We liked the adventure of going down to Niven Bay. It's really great water down there for Muskie, Bass and Walley. The only problem is it's a long run in shallow water which weeds over. With the early ice out this year there may be a whole lot of weeds!!! Check it out if you can it's some awesome water and country. We would see bear, moose, deer and eagles all day long. Not to many boats down that way.
I caught my first muskie on Eagle in Niven Bay...48". There were a lot of smaller fish caught down there as well.

Osborne Bay and the area near camp is good fishing as well. Less boats down that way for sure.
Nail a BIG GIRL!!!!! Dennis
MuskieRob
Posted 6/17/2010 10:13 AM (#446009 - in reply to #445837)

Great information from you guys!! I have to do some lure shopping so this will really come in handy!! I can't wait to get on this lake, sounds like we'll be getting a lot of action! Thanks a lot fro the information.
Obfuscate Musky
Posted 6/17/2010 10:50 AM (#446020 - in reply to #445837)
Subject: Re: Century Lodge on Osbourne Bay Eagle Lake, ONT

I second Niven Bay. There are a couple waterfall/rapid areas back there and we did well twiching Blue Holoform and Gold Holoform 7 1/2" grandmas that time of year near those areas.

Edited by Obfuscate Musky 6/17/2010 10:52 AM
Nathan
Posted 6/17/2010 12:39 PM (#446043 - in reply to #445837)

I've had my eye on Century Lodge for a while also. I hear it is really secluded and private which also appeals to me. Is there any perch fishing available for that area? I hear about the muskie, smallies, and walleye all the time, but never anything about perch.
Jeff Hanson
Posted 6/20/2010 2:37 PM (#446438 - in reply to #446043)

My largest Eagle lake fish came from Osbourne Bay 52.5" on a Magnum hawg wobbler right at sunset. We have done real well on Orange 10" weighted suicks
Black and orange spinnerbaits and black and orange spanky double 10's.
Jackpots or B.S willy one eyed willys are good to. Make sure if you are there in June to hit the slop and reeds hard with spinnerbaits. big fish are SHALLOW.
You will catch lots of fish in the 40"-46" range also but some 50" mixed in
Good luck,
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com

Edited by Jeff Hanson 6/20/2010 2:39 PM
skindzier
Posted 6/25/2010 1:05 PM (#447307 - in reply to #445837)

I love that part of Eagle. I would actually say that there are some good trolling spots. Many of the islands on the north side of Osbourne have irregular rocky shorelines with lots of depth changes. I like to grind Believers over the rocks and have done pretty well. Fishing by myself, I had a 3 fish day (30,40,45) and lost one almost certainly over 50 doing just that a few years ago.
Jason
Posted 12/5/2011 2:34 AM (#527331 - in reply to #446043)

Did you ever make it to Osbourne Bay for muskies. If so, did you stay at Century Lodge?
Medinah13
Posted 12/5/2011 12:23 PM (#527388 - in reply to #527331)

I have stayed at Century Lodge a bunch of times always a good time family owned great people great guides great food awesome lodge!!
Double D
Posted 1/8/2012 11:19 AM (#531847 - in reply to #527388)

Has anyone stayed at Cenury Lodge in late August or early September? Wondering how the muskie fishing is at that time of the year in Osbourne Bay? Are the weeds dying down and what to throw for muskie at that time?
Musky Brian
Posted 1/8/2012 6:42 PM (#531920 - in reply to #531847)

I was out there for the first time ever last year in the first week of September...Had somebody mark up a map for me and in many ( not all) of the spots the weeds were already dead or gone....
muskyjim123
Posted 1/11/2012 11:52 PM (#532471 - in reply to #531847)

I have fished late aug 6 trips for a week and 2 trips in mid sept in osborne bay. Weed bite not the greatest at that time. Mostly midlake rock and points etc... there's a couple of weedbeds in pickerel bay that hold fish but every year at that time of year weeds are good one year to next not so much resulting in smaller fish when their dying. Id focus on any weed u can find related to boulders or rock points. Tougher time in late aug and mid sept in osborne. I love the area but starting to think a lot of the big girls move into bigger part of lake by then. Started seeing lots more fish with bigger size as went past bridge. Also better looking cabbage past bridge too.
muskyjim123
Posted 1/12/2012 12:00 AM (#532473 - in reply to #531847)

Sorry double d. What to throw? Id say havanna jackpot or phatboys, superhumpers. 10 inch jakes in bright colors(bumblebee) banging of rocks, double 8's always seemed to outproduce the 10's especially black green body with black green blades(shumway). My favorite there is 10 inch yellow suick with black spots. Phantoms and dunright dancers have done well. Have had 1 fish week there and 13 fish week there in those time frames. Lots of med size fish in area. 42 to 45 inch. Give me a yellow suick black spots and orange havanna jackpot black spots and Id be happy up there whole week. Lol.
tomcat
Posted 1/12/2012 6:54 AM (#532482 - in reply to #445837)

Jim, you are still alive!!!!!!!!!!
Double D
Posted 1/12/2012 9:31 AM (#532505 - in reply to #445837)

Thanks for the information on late Aug/Sept muskie fishing in Osbourne Bay.
Joe Vancora
Posted 1/12/2012 6:32 PM (#532577 - in reply to #445837)

I was up there last Labor day.The weeds were there but shrunk a bit from the summer.Fish were still in the cabbage and hitting bucktails and topraiders.We saw more in the weeds than off the rocks.
wooglin
Posted 10/12/2016 2:27 PM (#833159 - in reply to #445837)

Wondering if anyone has been up to Century Lodge recently? Considering a fall trip next year (2017 - after Labor Day) and need to get some input on whether or not I should look elsewhere.

My group wants to target muskie and walleye and is looking for an American Plan where we can drive up our boats, fish, come back and eat, and go right back out.

I have read reviews online that the food can be sparse, the cabins are run down, the lodge is 'dry', and the island is basically full of mud and roots. Has anyone recently experienced this?

I want to get some recent opinions on this lodge as I really would like to go there next year, but want to make sure they've corrected their issues.

Thanks in advance!
WiscoMusky
Posted 10/12/2016 8:31 PM (#833267 - in reply to #445837)

Wooglin, if going to century, I would recommend earlier. Late July- late August is prime, after labor day is questionable given the weather that time of year and may be an unfortunate gamble
Guest1
Posted 10/13/2016 11:03 AM (#833333 - in reply to #445837)

Been there many times around Labor Day, would of gone this year but could not find any one to go with. The fishing is always great, Muskie or Walleye, as for the food, always more than you need, you will definitely gain weight, the cabins are a little old but we have been to a lot of lodges around that area and they all are kind of the same, but like you say fish, eat, fish, sleep, repeat. If your going for the beautiful cabins - stay home, if your going for the fishing you wont be disappointed.
wavridr
Posted 10/16/2016 9:05 AM (#833691 - in reply to #833333)

Went to Temple Bay Lodge (on Eagle Lk) the end of July. Muskie fishing was good , the accommodations were very good (they have a lodge/bar) and the food was great!.. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Can't say enough about the lodge.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)