Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Single vs Dual Console

Reply New post
Message Subject: Single vs Dual Console
Tahoe
Posted 7/10/2003 12:34 PM (#75498)
Subject: Single vs Dual Console

I know this topic has been brought up before, but I did want to get addt'l replies on your thoughts versus the 2.

I know the SC will offer more fishing room. But it sure would be nice to have a console for my partners, especially my son!

Will the Passenger console on a Muskie Edition take up that much more room?
I fish 90% of the time by myself....That # will decrease as my son gets a little older...He'll be my best fishing partner!

There are some good deals out there right now on '03 Muskie editions w/ Single console's. I am debating if I bite the bullett now and get one or just wait awhile for the '04 models with the DC?

Thoughts?

-Tahoe
Shep
Posted 7/10/2003 12:51 PM (#75500 - in reply to #75498)
Subject: RE: Single vs Dual Console

You should be able to add the second console. Take a good look at where you are going to have to mount your trolling motor batteries in that Muskie Edition. IMHO, they screwed up by using the battery compartment space in the Fish Hawk for that bait box! That said, I really like the CVX 182 they made 2 years ago. Same hull, but really great layout for fishing ski's. If you need to buy new, great. If you would consider used, I know Musky Fever has a nice CVX for sale. Ask Ralph and LandyR how they like their's.

I only like the second console when I'm riding shotgun! hehehe

Edited by Shep 7/10/2003 12:55 PM
ToddM
Posted 7/10/2003 8:35 PM (#75556 - in reply to #75498)

As I posted on your other thread, I really like the single counsol better. I agree with what shep said. Musky Fever's boat is nice, I have seen it. It has a 125 merc and a merc kicker motor if I am not mistaken. That boat is also musky approved.
Muskie Treats
Posted 7/11/2003 8:34 AM (#75608 - in reply to #75498)

You'd better get a full windshield with that spray machine. Ask Cady what a difference there is going from a "Crusty" to a fiberglass boat. I know everyone who has these say's it isn't so, but most of you have never driven a modern fiberglass boat. Not to mention who's going to say "my boat sucks" or "you need your raingear every time there's 1'ers" about a boat they just dropped 20 grand on (sorry to rant). Spend a little more money and step up to a glass boat, you'll be glad you did!
Tyler Campbell
Posted 7/13/2003 7:55 PM (#75760 - in reply to #75498)

If you're going to be taking you're son, I'd get the dual console. I prefer the single as I'm out 80% of the time by myself, and use the extra space. But when I take someone else I always wish I had a console for their comfort. Whether it's rain, wind, or bugs it doesn't look all that comfortable sitting in the passenger seat.

Good fishin',

Tyler Campbell

dpratt
Posted 7/15/2003 10:20 AM (#75936 - in reply to #75498)

Get the dual. I have a 2003 Musky Edition and love it. The second console does take up room, but the bow deck is huge. When fishing, I usually have two large tackle boxes and three rigged rods up there with me and still have plenty of room.

The two trolling batteries reside in the bow battery compartment. I'm not sure why everyone thinks there is nowhere to put them. They're under the tackle storage between the two consoles. I rarely fill all of the storage in this boat.

It provides a very dry ride compared to my old fiberglass tri-hull. I've yet to get wet unless a strong wind blows the spray at me.

I've got a 150 Evinrude on it and it handles great.
Shep
Posted 7/15/2003 10:30 AM (#75939 - in reply to #75936)

dpratt,

Are you saying that they have put the battery storage under the bait hanger box for 2003? The 2002 model I looked at didn't. The bait box took up the space where the battery storage compartment is on a Fish Hawk. If the 2003's have the battery box back in the floor, then Crestliner must have listened to me, as that was my biggest(loudest) complaint to them last year! LOL

Edited by Shep 7/15/2003 11:39 AM
dpratt
Posted 7/15/2003 10:58 AM (#75942 - in reply to #75498)

Yes, that is correct. There is a vented hidden compartment under the center storage that houses the batteries. I looked at a 2002 while shopping last fall and thought it was there as well. You have to take the hanging bait holders out to get to it; however the '03 doesn't come with the bait holders.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)