Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Webster Lake Indiana report week ending 7/11

Message Subject: Webster Lake Indiana report week ending 7/11
RandalB
Posted 7/15/2016 4:23 PM (#823794)
Subject: Webster Lake Indiana report week ending 7/11

Hey all,
Was at the lake house for the week of the 4th and here's what was going on.

Water Temps: 74-80 (end of the week) the cold front and rain knocked the temps back mid week but by the time I shut things down and took a last cruise around the lake on Monday the 11th, they were in the 80's. So unless some cooler weather moves in, I'm done for a while.

Water Clarity,
Murky. Thinking the weed kill has disrupted things, water is almost stained to stained in some areas, especially downwind.

Weeds:
Most of the larger weed beds consisting of Milfoil and coontail type weeds are non-existent, with some sparse stringy type of weeds taking their place. The large bed by yellow banks was a dramatic example of this. I believe the spring spraying had this effect. There are more patches of Cabbage type weeds than this time last year.

Fishing:
Did ok, no larger fish, biggest being 40". They are definitely in different locations than in previous years and not in what would be considered traditional areas.
Fish were definitely not very active, even in the AM and Late PM. The exception to this was the night where there was a double Major, when there was an impressive amount of fish moving. Still, we managed 10 fish in 9 days, Smallest 24", Largest 40"

HTH,
RandalB
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)