Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Eagle Lake Reports, anyone?

Message Subject: Eagle Lake Reports, anyone?
Booch
Posted 7/5/2016 2:38 PM (#822756)
Subject: Eagle Lake Reports, anyone?

Heading up there next week. Anyone have any thing to report, yet? Weeds, water temps, patterns?
toddb
Posted 7/6/2016 8:34 AM (#822817 - in reply to #822756)
Subject: RE: Eagle Lake Reports, anyone?

Not my own report, but I just got off the phone with Scottie Jaeger from NSL and they have been moving fish (and catching a few too) pretty good the last few days... Water is high and weed growth sounds to be excellent in most areas on east end of the lake. Temp is right around 70 and it sounds like the rocks are heatin' up. Will be up Saturday to find out for myself...
Andy Myers Lodge
Posted 7/7/2016 6:31 AM (#822886 - in reply to #822756)
Subject: RE: Eagle Lake Reports, anyone?

i would characterize the season as being a bit behind compared to most years for this time of the season but catching up fast. weed growth in smaller beds that have had periodic wind shelter and warming especially those on the north and west sides of the lake are actually probably the best i've seen them in many years and others in more wind swept areas and southern/eastern sides are just now catching up in the past week or so. water levels are as close to normal as i 've seen past few years. water clarity is also clearer in most sections than most years. temps are avg 69-71.5. fish activity has been good in both weeds and rocks with rocks showing lots but tough catching consistantly unless wind swept days. weeds been best on hot sunny days.
i've caught 50's trolling after cold fronts,on sand beaches during warming spells,off wind swept rocks and less than 6',and 28-30'+ on deep rocks. get the idea? rt now dont get in a rut and try and make them be where YOU want them to be.. they are still scattered,roaming, trying to find a home.
good luck.
steve herbeck
AML prop. emeritus,guest fishing instruction program coordinator,master guide

Booch
Posted 7/7/2016 3:09 PM (#822959 - in reply to #822756)
Subject: Re: Eagle Lake Reports, anyone?

Thanks for the info!
muski_n00b
Posted 7/7/2016 3:36 PM (#822962 - in reply to #822756)
Subject: Re: Eagle Lake Reports, anyone?

Fishing Eagle Lake in the Fall. Can't wait!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)