Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Cass Lake Chain

Message Subject: Cass Lake Chain
thanson
Posted 6/27/2016 11:24 AM (#821890)
Subject: Cass Lake Chain

Hey all,
I am definitely avid muskiefirst guy however this is my first time posting to the forum. I am hoping to get some guidance for a trip up to the Cass Lake Chain coming this weekend. I am an avid Minnetonka guy however I know that Cass Lake can be an entirely different beast as to where muskies are located and what they are keying in on when compared to the metro lakes.

Not looking to steal any secret spots or lures but am hoping to get an idea of where to start my search and maybe an idea of what fish are moving on currently. My friend will be joining me who has never muskie fished before and I think it would be fun to put him on some fish for his first experience.

I'd be happy to share some info on Minnetonka in return as I usually have a pretty good pulse on where the fish are and what they are keying in on.

Of course if you feel more comfortable with a PM I would greatly appreciate any guidance.

Tight Lines fellas!!

Born
Posted 6/27/2016 7:02 PM (#821946 - in reply to #821890)
Subject: Re: Cass Lake Chain

I always fished the steep breaks that had weeds and found fish, big fish. Small patches of weeds on Cass will hold muskie. I have fished rocks there a few times and mostly caught pike. If the walleye fisherman are out and concentrated in an area I would fish around them. Take time to try pike bay.

Cass is my favorite lake to fish. Good Luck.
Posted 6/27/2016 7:14 PM (#821953 - in reply to #821946)

pike bay is a must,fishing can reeds be really good especially at night.
ADD-Tail
Posted 6/30/2016 12:02 PM (#822354 - in reply to #821890)

Was just there last week. Raised some nice ones (didn't pin them though!). The most action I saw was on the weed edges at 6-12' on the inside pockets. Crank baits got the most attention, had a follow on phantom, then my FB had a miss as well. Like Born mentioned, if you see walleye/perch fisherman, the muskies probably aren't too far away. Tight lines!
Posted 7/3/2016 10:49 AM (#822613 - in reply to #822354)

Funny you say caught three musky at night off the reeds one night there in early 2000s.4th fish was an eater walleye not to much bigger than the jerkbait i was using.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)