Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Bass lake Indiana

Message Subject: Bass lake Indiana
steelfooter
Posted 7/3/2016 10:59 AM (#822614)
Subject: Bass lake Indiana

Has anybody fished bass lake in Indiana? I just moved down here and would love any intel.
RandalB
Posted 7/3/2016 5:00 PM (#822635 - in reply to #822614)
Subject: Re: Bass lake Indiana

Which Bass Lake?
Several in Indiana I think..

RandalB
steelfooter
Posted 7/3/2016 10:17 PM (#822649 - in reply to #822635)

You are totally correct. I didn't catch that. The bass lake down near Dugger. Any info around that whole area would be appreciated.
HoosierDrew
Posted 7/6/2016 7:31 AM (#822809 - in reply to #822614)
Subject: RE: Bass lake Indiana

PM sent
MACK
Posted 7/7/2016 1:45 PM (#822949 - in reply to #822614)

I've fished there several times. Fun little "pits" down there. Other little pits around Bass Lake as well, Wild Cat, etc.

Electric motor only. Lots of flooded timber....meaning lots of snags. Make sure you have a couple of different types of lure retrievers with you, extending pole lure retriever and one on a hefty rope, etc. Great Crappie fishing.

If you have a simple 12-volt trolling motor, depending on the size of the boat...make sure you have at least one, if not two spare trolling motor batteries with you...fully charged. If it's windy day...the wind gets to ripping across those wide open areas and there is little wind protection, you'll chew through trolling motor batteries quickly there.

It's been probably close to 9 or 10 years since I've been down there last, so I'm of no help to tell you what the current fishing conditions are. I know a pair of brothers that used be "regulars" down there. I haven't talked with them in some years to know if they still go down there or not. But they were the two that were very much tapped into what all was going on down there.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)