Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Sakana Rods

Message Subject: Sakana Rods
MNSteveH
Posted 11/29/2020 8:42 PM (#969280)
Subject: Sakana Rods

Ok, I know some of you are gonna laugh but I’m a sucker for a “deal” so I bought a 9’ Sakana rod at Gander for $60! Offered me a lifetime warranty so I figured why not.

I gotta say I really like it. Yeah I know it’s made from cheap components, but it’s super light and very well balanced (at least it works great with the Diawa Saltist 20 I had). I also have a Okuma EVX 9’3” (yeah I know, another cheap rod) and a St Croix Premiere. I Like the Sakana way better. I don’t get tired as quickly and there’s just a little more “give” that makes pulling double 10’s and doing figure 8’s easier. Just bought another for $41! I’m sure at some point they will break but with the warranty what the heck!

Rudedog
Posted 11/30/2020 5:53 AM (#969291 - in reply to #969280)
Subject: RE: Sakana Rods

You don't have to spend alot on Rods. As you have found, there are some decent options sometimes cheap. If it works for you - use it. High end ones are more of a luxury IMO. Not like reels, where cheap just doesn't last.
I have been using my glider rod since about 2005, (Gander rod $75 ) It is perfect for me for that application.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)