Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Need 2nd Boat

Reply New post
Message Subject: Need 2nd Boat
Troyz
Posted 6/1/2003 10:09 PM (#71948)
Subject: Need 2nd Boat

Need some help, looking for second boat for fishing metro lakes and smaller bodies of waters for musky(Leave my boat in Hayward all summer). I was looking at Alumicraft john boat 16' semi v-hull. I was wondering if anyone had any on the water experience with the as far as stability, and ability to handle rougher warer. Also any recommendation for good stable 16' and under boats, probably do not want to spend over $3000.

Thanks

Troyz
davej
Posted 6/7/2003 6:04 AM (#72537 - in reply to #71948)
Subject: RE: Need 2nd Boat

I had a 16 ft jon for years it was a very stable user freindly boat. A little bit of a rough ride when the wind was blowing hard but not a big deal.
Lone Stone
Posted 6/7/2003 8:45 PM (#72560 - in reply to #71948)
Subject: RE: Need 2nd Boat

I currently have an Alumacraft 16' MVTEX with console.  I take it to the Chip every year and go out in all weather here in Iowa.  It takes rougher water as well as can be expected for a jon boat, but takes a little getting used to while standing up casting from the front deck.  It can really rock you back and forth.  I like it, but if I did it over again I would get one that is extra wide and extra deep.   But it is nice for the shallow river I fish frequently, I can get through 4" of water with it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)