Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Pewaukee Area Multi Species Options

Message Subject: Pewaukee Area Multi Species Options
Musky Brian
Posted 12/15/2015 10:02 AM (#796315)
Subject: Pewaukee Area Multi Species Options

I just moved up to this area (Hartland). I am all too familiar with the Pewaukee musky rat race....I see there a lot of other lakes in the general area. Any suggestions as to which ones have some nice multi species opportunities for those days in which the Musky thing isn't all that appealing? And which ones have fishing AND good access? Heard mixed things about both...any thoughts would be appreciated
jonnysled
Posted 12/15/2015 1:00 PM (#796330 - in reply to #796315)
Subject: Re: Pewaukee Area Multi Species Options

Lake Michigan - get into the salmon game. contact the tall skinny kid and you'll be hooked ...
vegas492
Posted 12/15/2015 1:10 PM (#796331 - in reply to #796315)
Subject: RE: Pewaukee Area Multi Species Options

All of the area lakes are worth your while for multi-species. If I were you, I'd go into Dick Smith's in Delafield sometime and just talk to Becky about the local lakes. She can and will hook you up.

I love going to Labelle for an outing. Great fun catching walleyes and smallies out there. Parking is a pain, but the fishing is worth it.

Delavan is another really fun lake. Little hike, though.

Okauchee, Oconomowoc, Nagawicka, Nehbobhins, Pretty, North...etc. All have good fishing.

And here is about all you need to know about fishing lake country. If there is great access, the lake is going to be busy. Poor access? Less busy.

The harbor is nice, but it can get crowded in a hurry. Some of the launches aren't exactly in good parts of town. And it is Lake Michigan. She can turn ugly, so you need to be doubly aware of weather out there.
Fishen-ski's
Posted 12/15/2015 2:09 PM (#796334 - in reply to #796331)

Don't forget about the mighty "Fox Chain", good fishen's not to far away. Welcome to the land of
weekend combat fishing. Get in line & start casting.
Musky Brian
Posted 12/15/2015 5:08 PM (#796349 - in reply to #796334)

Fishen-ski's - 12/15/2015 2:09 PM

Don't forget about the mighty "Fox Chain", good fishen's not to far away. Welcome to the land of
weekend combat fishing. Get in line & start casting.

eeeeeek :-X

Sam Ubl
Posted 12/16/2015 9:47 AM (#796412 - in reply to #796315)

It can be messy on the water with all the boats, no doubt about it, but there are a lot of fish to be caught. A LOT of dynamic between the various lakes. Pine Lake is deep, clear, and has long been known to produce some monster pike, football smallies and a healthy walleye population. Nagawicka is fun, too. Sand bars, shallow channels, a kettle, steep breaks, big weed flats... It has it all. Do some exploring, you know the game. The best secrets are the ones untold. There's a reason for that, lots of work, trial and error, and time spent exploring. As for the muskie fishing, Lake Country water is distinct between each lake - bigger fish means less fish, and smaller fish means more fish.

I'll leave you with this since you mentioned Pewaukee... It's a different animal than it once was several short years ago, and it continues to change every year. One day is rockin', the next day humbles you.

See you on the water.

Edited by Sam Ubl 12/16/2015 9:49 AM
Ryan_Cotter
Posted 12/16/2015 6:15 PM (#796447 - in reply to #796412)

Sam Ubl - 12/16/2015 9:47 AM

I'll leave you with this since you mentioned Pewaukee... It's a different animal than it once was several short years ago, and it continues to change every year. One day is rockin', the next day humbles you.

See you on the water.

Agreed. Ugh.

Edited by Ryan_Cotter 12/16/2015 6:16 PM
ToddM
Posted 12/17/2015 6:18 PM (#796559 - in reply to #796315)

Agree on the salmon. Inland multispecies options are numerous and very good. Most every lake around Pewaukee is good. Muckwonago/east troy lakes too. I fished alot of them as a teenager armed with the then new fishing bot spots books. Don't be afraid to try one. I went to eagle spring lake once caught a caught a crap ton of bass and took the thouroughfare to lulu and caught some more. 4th of July and light boat traffic.
Abu7000
Posted 12/22/2015 11:26 AM (#797028 - in reply to #796315)

Try North Lake just up stream from Okauche on the Oconomowoc River. Muskies move upsteam and some never leave North Lake. A small boat can be put in off RT 83 and floated/ dragged down to the lake. The lake is small but deep with 2 distinct basins. There is little fishing pressure on the lake due to the access, and muskies for years were almost totally ignored ( that may be changing). If you have a small boat. a small kicker, a depth finder and a trolling motor, you are set to fish this lake. It has a nice population of smallies that is underfished. A couple of small bars located in town serve lunch. Give it a try. Good luck!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)