Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Can anyone confirm

Reply New post
Message Subject: Can anyone confirm
horsehunter
Posted 11/10/2015 8:52 AM (#792012)
Subject: Can anyone confirm

I was told today that Starcraft, Alumacraft, Smoker Craft, Sylvan, and Ledgend were all one company can anyone confirm?

What is the reputation of Sylvan boats?

I am interested in a 19 foot double console (2000) with a 2005 Yamaha 150 hp and a 9.9 kicker as a second boat for trolling the Larry keeping my current boat for inland fishing. i would leave the boat at a marina on the Larry to save trailering.

Edited by horsehunter 11/10/2015 8:54 AM
tyler k
Posted 11/10/2015 9:01 AM (#792014 - in reply to #792012)
Subject: Re: Can anyone confirm

Alumacraft is not. But Starcraft, Starweld, Smoker Craft, Sylvan, Sun Chaser and American Angler are--it's the Smoker Craft family of boats. I own an older Smoker Craft and am very happy with the hull, and they seem to be a really good boat for the price; I can't speak to Sylvan specifically though other than construction and design tend to look pretty similar and it's the same warranty.
KGW
Posted 11/17/2015 10:02 AM (#792812 - in reply to #792014)
Subject: Re: Can anyone confirm

They also make/made the Northwoods brand. I have 3 Sylvan made boats, a 2001 19' Excursion with a 2007 Yam 150 four stroke, a 2000 16' Explorer with. Merc 50 four stroke, and a 14.5 Northwoods with a 25 Yam 2 stroke. I run the 19 on LOTW and other big water with no issues. The 16 is a trolling rig, and the 14.5 works great in small lakes.

Prior to these, I owned a 94 Sylvan Pto Select which I ran extensively on Lake Erie and in big water in Northern MN (Kabetogema, Namekan and Rainy) it was a great boat. I sold it in 2003, in great shape, so as to buy the Excursion

Safe to say, I like the Sylvan brand. Good value and well built
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)