Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> '95 50hp Johnson tilt/trim

Reply New post
Message Subject: '95 50hp Johnson tilt/trim
Riverrat351
Posted 10/28/2015 9:57 AM (#790441)
Subject: '95 50hp Johnson tilt/trim

I have had problems with the tilt/trim for the last year and I'm at a loss. I had replaced the relays two years ago when the problem initially started, and all was well for one year. This year, I can get it to go up, and if I switch the relays, it will go down. If I switch the "bad" non functioning relay, there is no change (I kept the other two relays). On occasion while out on the water, or at the landing it will go both up and down but when you go to try it again, it won't work. I'm assuming they there is a short somewhere, but I haven't been able to locate it. But then again, I hear the relay "clicking", but the motor doesn't move, so maybe it's not a short? Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks for the help!
14ledo81
Posted 10/28/2015 12:01 PM (#790466 - in reply to #790441)
Subject: Re: '95 50hp Johnson tilt/trim

Good luck.

I replaced mine this spring. It was not cheap.
Shops did not really want to try to repair it for me. They said it was not worth it.
kjgmh
Posted 10/28/2015 12:15 PM (#790470 - in reply to #790441)
Subject: Re: '95 50hp Johnson tilt/trim

Replace both relays with known good and see if it works. Just cause a relays clicks does not mean it is working. The 2 relays work in conjunction with each other and both need to be working properly. If you are having multiple relay failures then you can start looking for ground or low voltage issues.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)