Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Cortland Endurance rods

Message Subject: Cortland Endurance rods
anderj85
Posted 8/25/2015 7:35 AM (#781814)
Subject: Cortland Endurance rods

I picked up a new Cortland Endurance 6’6” all-purpose musky rod. Does anybody know the specs these rods have on them? There are none listed on the rod itself and as far as I can tell they are discontinued. I’m guessing it’s like a heavy, medium fast action, 1-5oz lure or so, but not sure. The little I’ve used it so far it seems pretty nice, and it does look really nice. I think with it being a little short it should make a nice jerkbait rod. Anybody have one of these?
bigbite
Posted 8/25/2015 7:54 AM (#781817 - in reply to #781814)
Subject: RE: Cortland Endurance rods

Had one and yes they are a nice rod. I had used it for a light jerk bait rod as well until it met its fate later on.
AndrewR
Posted 8/25/2015 10:10 AM (#781829 - in reply to #781814)
Subject: RE: Cortland Endurance rods

It's too bad these rods are no longer being marketed or in production. I was fortunate to get three of them via. office cleaning from Cortland last year and enjoy them a lot. Got two 8 footers and one 7ft 6in. They were originally priced for $100 and good enough for most needs. Pretty amber color too.

Unfortunately the old catalogs don't have any specifications by way of lure weights listed, but you should be fine with 1-4oz baits and using it for jerkbaits.

I use the 8 footers with mid size rubbers, topwaters, gliders and cranks. Meanwhile the 7 and a halfer mostly for river fishing and wade fishing - small and mid size bucktails, small cranks, and lighter topwaters. It's a very light and comfy rod with a low profile reel.

My only complaints on them are the following: Handle is way way way too short on the 8 footers. Reel seat is of questionable quality. They only manufactured them up to 8ft. Wish they had 8 and a halfers and 9's.

The old Diamondbacks are where it was at and I miss these rods terribly. It was a fine product during its day.

anderj85
Posted 8/25/2015 12:52 PM (#781868 - in reply to #781814)
Subject: Re: Cortland Endurance rods

Thanks for the replies, glad to hear you guys liked them. I ha'ven't put much time on it, but so far I'm happy with it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)