Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Let's keep fishing. I don't think the heavy stuff will come down for a while, yet, your Eminence.
- (Added by: GMan)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Plastic Beads on Bucktails?

Message Subject: Plastic Beads on Bucktails?
NathanH
Posted 3/12/2015 8:02 PM (#759252)
Subject: Plastic Beads on Bucktails?

Starting to make a few bucktails and wanted to know when and where folks use plastic beads. Are you using them in place of brass beads? Do you use them near clevises? Thanks
bigbite
Posted 3/12/2015 9:17 PM (#759285 - in reply to #759252)
Subject: RE: Plastic Beads on Bucktails?

Use only solid beads under and if you so choose, over the clevises to provide a bearing surface. Hollow beads or plastic will not hold up. If you want to use decorative beads behind the solid beads you can do so.
Zib
Posted 3/12/2015 10:58 PM (#759323 - in reply to #759252)
Subject: RE: Plastic Beads on Bucktails?

I only use solid beads below the clevis & 1 or 2 hollow above the clevis to prevent the blades from wrapping up in the leader on those windy days. I'd never use plastic beads because I like having the extra weight of the solid beads closer to the line tie because the bait rides more horizontal & the bait rides lower in the water.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)