Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Humminbird Questions

Message Subject: Humminbird Questions
Beatsbyair
Posted 1/20/2015 8:47 AM (#749502)
Subject: Humminbird Questions

So, I'm wondering if this setup will work. I want to have the bow graph use down imaging, from it's own sonar. I want the console to use down/side imaging also from it's own sonar. I'd still like to connect the 2 together to share waypoints, but I don't care about sharing anything else. I'm wondering if I'll get some type of interference when using down imaging(or other sonar) up front, and when using side imaging(or other sonar at the console).

Also, on the bow, will I be able to use the internal sonar puck on the Terrova, or will I have to bypass that and use the one that comes with the graph for the bow setup?

The 2 units I'm looking at are: 859ci HD DI for the bow....and 899ci HD SI for the console.
Yooper Padre
Posted 1/20/2015 9:32 AM (#749508 - in reply to #749502)
Subject: Re: Humminbird Questions

I'm not aware of any way to prevent networked units from sharing tracks, but a quick call to Humminbird will answer this for sure. (You'll find their customer support excellent, even years after the sale.) I don't believe you can use the Terrova's GPS on the graph, but you really wouldn't want to do that even if it is possible. Terrova GPS refresh rate is slow, but the Humminbird's is real-time and extremely accurate.

Finally, no problems at all networking the two units. All it takes is one cable. If you are going to upgrade your maps, you'll have to buy two chips.

Fr. K
Yooper Padre
Posted 1/20/2015 9:48 AM (#749509 - in reply to #749502)
Subject: RE: Humminbird Questions

BTW, unfortunately Terrova's built-in US2 sonar transducer does not support down imaging or side imaging. That means mounting a transducer on the motor. (Humminbird will exchange transducers free of charge.) Here's the right way to mount it. http://www.walleyeworkshop.com/node/198

Fr. K
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)