Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Fake Powerpro Alert!

Message Subject: Fake Powerpro Alert!
muskymandan
Posted 1/3/2015 8:51 PM (#746466)
Subject: Fake Powerpro Alert!

Hey guys I just bought 3 spools of powerpro off from ebay...... Some of you may already know about this, but this is for the rest of you. The line shows up on my doorstep and I opened it up, all seemed well. Then I noticed some things that seemed out of place, like there was 300 yards of line on a 150 yard spool 80LB. It had the old style cardboard box packaging and several of the logos were purple instead of blue. I called powerpro and they had me read off the barcode on the back of the line. It came up as 65lb test and based off from my caliper measurements the line is way thicker than it should be. Powerpro said they are having huge issues with "FAKE" powerpro on the market and mine was what they were seeing on a regular basis. If it's too good to be true it probably is. Be careful with "ebay". Let me know if anybody else has come across the fake stuff.
Putts
Posted 1/3/2015 9:31 PM (#746476 - in reply to #746466)
Subject: Re: Fake Powerpro Alert!

I almost bought some on eBay but didn't after reading the seller reviews. I think a lot of the counterfeit line is from overseas sellers. Power pro is one thing I'll only buy from my local tackle shop or places like cabelas if I can't find 80lb local.
upnortdave
Posted 1/4/2015 6:34 PM (#746596 - in reply to #746476)

I bought some from a guy in florida. Wish I could remember who it was. Kind of sucks but havent had n issues with the line. So far so good. Bought 1500yd of 80 n 500yd 100.
newmuskyz
Posted 1/5/2015 5:22 AM (#746664 - in reply to #746596)

It's from China. I got some but just for walleye fishing. Amazing how they can get away with that stuff.
horsehunter
Posted 1/5/2015 6:01 AM (#746665 - in reply to #746466)

You have to figure if someone is able to sell something way cheaper than the rest of the retailers you should look for a reason.
Booch
Posted 1/6/2015 9:02 AM (#746839 - in reply to #746466)

eBay is full of counterfeit stuff. I'd avoid anything with a generic picture, or from a seller with 10,000s of transactions.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)