Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It is also much easier to figure eight a musky fisherman into striking than it is an actual musky." ToddM circa 3/04/2016
- (Added by: ESOX Maniac)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Sometimes Things Just Happen

Message Subject: Sometimes Things Just Happen
Beaver
Posted 12/26/2014 3:54 PM (#745423)
Subject: Sometimes Things Just Happen

I went out to cut some lip slots on a bunch of cranks today and set my table saw up where it is comfortable for me to work with it and checked the depth of the cut and made an adjustment and started cutting. By blank #3 something didn't look quite right, but I thought, what could go wrong? I've done this before, it must just be my head. So I cut a couple more and then I stopped, something looked off. So I shut off the saw and checked the blanks that I had cut slots in and every one was different. When I set the depth for the cut, I must have loosened the tightness on the blade because every slot was getting steeper and steeper just a little bit with each cut. I'm glad that I caught it right away, and now I have 5 crankbaits with each one running just a little bit shallower than the one before it. Now that's precision depth control for you. "This one runs 6',this one runs 5.5',this one runs 4.75'...... I better take some time away from the garage.
woodieb8
Posted 12/27/2014 6:26 AM (#745456 - in reply to #745423)
Subject: Re: Sometimes Things Just Happen

beaver. your not alone. some days I could heat my house with a woodstove.
WINDKNOT
Posted 12/28/2014 2:08 AM (#745514 - in reply to #745423)

Now if you would just stick with making Perka's. You would not have deal with pesky lip slot !!
Beaver
Posted 12/28/2014 4:15 AM (#745515 - in reply to #745514)

When this supply of the Reclaimed Redwood is gone, it'll be back to Perkas and Perkettes. But just think of the new color patterns that will be waiting when I get back to gliders. I hope that I didn't forget how to make them.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)