Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> JigRipper Fishing Grip

Message Subject: JigRipper Fishing Grip
Got Esox?
Posted 11/14/2014 3:59 PM (#740103)
Subject: JigRipper Fishing Grip

I had the great opportunity and priviledge to field test a new product this season called the JigRipper Fishing Grip by Outdoors Grips designed by my tournament partner, Aaron Techlin. The JigRipper is a pistol style grip designed to mount to your fishing rod. It is easily removable, super lightweight and virtually indestructable. I put 200+ hours on the water using the grips this past season and was very impressed. Overall it made fishing more comfortable and enjoyable especially during those consecutive marathon days of 14+ hours on the water. Having the JigRipper Grips on my rods this season made every presentation easier from burning blades faster with less fatigue, to throwing heavy baits (pounders) with ease all day this fall and everything in between. Not to mention better figure-eight control and more powerful hooksets using the grip. Fishing in cold weather was much more practical with the JigRipper grips due to the ablity to wear warm gloves with out sacrificing a solid grip on the rod as well. Aaron, myself and a few other anglers who have tested the grip this past year have found the easiest way to mount the grip was a simple build up of electric tape (silicon/rubber tape) to fit the grip. The JigRipper's diameter is 1 1/4" to accommodate nearly every rod on the market. After I mounted the grip I never had to remove the grip as the handle is removable (screw in bolt) allowing the rod to be stored quickly and easily. There is a video below to get a closer look as well. Any musky fisherman will appreciate what this can grip can do!

Link to video:

JigRipper Fishing Grip Website
www.outdoorgrips.com

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(DSC04898 (Small).JPG)

(DSC04911 (Small).JPG)

(DSC04921 (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC04898 (Small).JPG (105KB - 531 downloads)
Attachments DSC04911 (Small).JPG (119KB - 427 downloads)
Attachments DSC04921 (Small).JPG (94KB - 432 downloads)
upnortdave
Posted 11/14/2014 5:18 PM (#740115 - in reply to #740103)
Subject: RE: JigRipper Fishing Grip

Looks cool goin to be at any shows.
Outdoor Grips
Posted 11/14/2014 9:56 PM (#740147 - in reply to #740103)
Subject: Re: JigRipper Fishing Grip

Thank you for the positive feedback. I know its the end of the muskie season but my hopes are that this product gets you guys excited for the upcoming season. I know that once you put these Grips on your fishing rods you won't take them off. @upnorthdave Outdoor Grips is looking to get a booth at all of the up coming muskie shows. I have a request in for a half booth at both Chicago and Milwaukee shows. If any guides or vendors are looking to split a booth I am open to that idea. For more information on our product please go to www.outdoorgrips.com.

Thank you,
Aaron Techlin
www.outdoorgrips.com
mnmusky
Posted 11/15/2014 8:13 AM (#740174 - in reply to #740103)

this product peaked my interest until I saw the price point. if it were more of a "as seen on tv" price point, I'd give one a try.
PIKEMASTER
Posted 11/15/2014 8:31 AM (#740176 - in reply to #740174)

Looks like a well built - Quality product, I like the 3 for Special Price.
muskyhunter47
Posted 11/15/2014 6:44 PM (#740257 - in reply to #740176)

Looks nice but I would like to try it first. I tried to hold the for grip on my rod did not take long and I was palming the reel .I guess I'm old school
little one
Posted 11/15/2014 6:47 PM (#740259 - in reply to #740103)
Subject: RE: JigRipper Fishing Grip

I was one of the lucky few that had the opportunity to field test this product. I will be honest that I was a bit skeptical at first thinking that there was no way that I would like it. Im usually the last person to make a change for some reason. After a small amount of time to get used to the slightly different feelI aactually liked it quite a bit. It makes for a nice change of pace throughout the day and takes alot of the stress off of your wrist and shoulders. Very well built product and some great guys to deal with. I can say I will be adding more of these to my arsenal for next season and cant wait. Get some if you arent afraid of stepping out of the box and looking a bit different. It will only be a matter of time before more people are using the jigripper grip!!
Outdoor Grips
Posted 11/16/2014 1:45 PM (#740349 - in reply to #740103)

Hi Guys,
I appreciate everyone's interest and personal feedback. If you have any questions in regards to the product, please feel free to PM me. The "how to installation" video is now up on our website at www.outdoorgrips.com.

Thanks again,

Aaron Techlin
www.outdoorgrips.com
CASTING55
Posted 11/21/2014 10:30 AM (#741066 - in reply to #740349)

I ordered a 3 pack and it arrived in 2 days,fast shipping,I haven`t even tried to put them on a rod yet but will be messing with them in the near future
Outdoor Grips
Posted 11/24/2014 9:20 PM (#741586 - in reply to #740103)

Hi Guys,
I just want to thank you all for the support, purchases, and feedback. From now until Christmas we will be giving away one JigRipper fishing rod grip per week. All you have to do is go to www.outdoorgrips.com click on our Facebook page, LIKE, and SHARE. One winner will be picked each week.

Thank you again and Happy Thanksgiving!
Aaron Techlin
www.outdoorgrips.com
ShutUpNFish
Posted 1/28/2015 7:39 AM (#750641 - in reply to #740103)

I saw this at the Ohio show....nice guys and looks to be a really cool product....I'd like to see it eventually get a little less bulky, but I intend to buy a few for myself and my boys....I think it will be great for kids as well. I also would like to eventually see if you could buy just the bracket section or the two parts separately.

Paul
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)