Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: 'We'll come up over Memorial Day and fish. Then we'll not catch anything, and end up fishing for bass or something.' Slamr on the phone today.
- (Added by: sworrall)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> World Championship Handcrafted MUSKIE Lure Contest Results

Message Subject: World Championship Handcrafted MUSKIE Lure Contest Results
MACONE
Posted 2/18/2013 9:39 AM (#618257)
Subject: World Championship Handcrafted MUSKIE Lure Contest Results

Pictures
CedarLakeMusky
Posted 2/18/2013 12:13 PM (#618308 - in reply to #618257)
Subject: Re: Any pictures of the lures ? World Championship Handcrafted MUSKIE Lure Contest

Here's a link.

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?a...
MACONE
Posted 2/18/2013 12:48 PM (#618316 - in reply to #618257)
Subject: Re: Any pictures of the lures ? World Championship Handcrafted MUSKIE Lure Contest

Phenomenal, Thanks for sharing
esox911
Posted 2/18/2013 1:06 PM (#618321 - in reply to #618316)

Lots of GREAT LOOKING lures there---I would have been a bidder on many of them if I could have attended....Congrats to all the builders and winners of the auctions !!!
jbreivogel
Posted 2/18/2013 1:43 PM (#618331 - in reply to #618257)
Subject: RE: Any pictures of the lures ? World Championship Handcrafted MUSKIE Lure Contest

2013 World Championship Lure Winners

• Best of Show
Steve Pray with “Tail Tap Trout ” Topwater

• Masters Division
Topwater
Steve Pray, “Tail Tap Trout”
Repaint
Scott Mcpherson with “Alive”
Glide/Jerbait
Merv Rubiano with “Frantic Trout”
Blade Bait
Archie Bekerman with “Classic Baby”
Crankbait
Brian Soares with “The Real Deal”
Soft Plastic
No Entries

• Amateur Division
Repaint
Ed Kott with “MFL Money”
Glide/Jerkbait
Ed Kott with “MFL Jumbo Perch”
Blade Bait
Adam Marciniak with “Crossover Fly Muskie Spin”
Crankbait
Mark Wright with “Just Wright Jointed Crankbait”
Soft Plastic
No Entries
Topwater
No Entries
SolarFall
Posted 2/18/2013 2:10 PM (#618336 - in reply to #618257)

shame i didn't win anything,lol maybe i should have had baits that were 2 times bigger, anyway congrats to the winners

Edited by SolarFall 2/18/2013 2:11 PM
bowhunter29
Posted 2/18/2013 5:45 PM (#618390 - in reply to #618257)

I was fortunate enough to purchase two of the lures in the auction!!! I'll post pictures of them in the morning.

jeremh
MACONE
Posted 2/19/2013 3:44 AM (#618511 - in reply to #618257)

How much money did we raise ?
MRichardson
Posted 2/19/2013 8:59 AM (#618531 - in reply to #618257)
Subject: RE: Any pictures of the lures ? World Championship Handcrafted MUSKIE Lure Contest

I had the booth right next to the contest one.  It was very cool seeing in person all the cool baits that I see on here.  Very nice work everybody!

sworrall
Posted 2/19/2013 6:47 PM (#618713 - in reply to #618257)

I won the silent auction for the 'Best of Show' winning bait, and it's stunning.
Posted 3/7/2013 2:47 AM (#623692 - in reply to #618257)
Subject: RE: World Championship Handcrafted MUSKIE Lure Contest Results

Solarfall is the Best anyway!
Posted 3/7/2013 5:59 PM (#623935 - in reply to #618336)

SolarFall - 2/18/2013 2:10 PM

shame i didn't win anything,lol maybe i should have had baits that were 2 times bigger, anyway congrats to the winners :)

you are in deep trouble when all the judges are loaded of patriotism!you are 10 times nicer than everything i have seen,i guess you just live in the wrong country.......
once again that ''championship'' seems to need a lot more credibility
MRichardson
Posted 3/8/2013 12:01 PM (#624247 - in reply to #623935)

Guest - 3/7/2013 5:59 PM
SolarFall - 2/18/2013 2:10 PM shame i didn't win anything,lol maybe i should have had baits that were 2 times bigger, anyway congrats to the winners :)
you are in deep trouble when all the judges are loaded of patriotism!you are 10 times nicer than everything i have seen,i guess you just live in the wrong country....... once again that ''championship'' seems to need a lot more credibility

I was at the show and saw all the lures and held all of them in my hands.  Solarfall builds very nice lures, I almost won one in the auction, but there were nicer/better ones there.  Country of origin had nothing to do with it; the contest is as fair as it can possibly be in my opinion.  I know there are better builders out there that didn’t enter as well, I often see guys putting stuff up on the internet that could easily be contest winners but they don’t enter.  It is what it is. Take it or leave it. 

esox911
Posted 3/8/2013 5:03 PM (#624339 - in reply to #624247)

I also saw the lures on display in the pictures posted----and I even entered 1 in the contest myself. Everything there was very nice----and It would have been a difficult choice for any judge. I congratulate not only all who entered as they took the time to make beautiful lures and donated them for a good cause--but also congates to the auction winners---Again -- they donated some cash for a good cause and all the winners went home with nice lures.

Edited by esox911 3/8/2013 5:05 PM
Posted 3/14/2013 8:30 PM (#626619 - in reply to #624247)

MRichardson - 3/8/2013 12:01 PM

Guest - 3/7/2013 5:59 PM
SolarFall - 2/18/2013 2:10 PM shame i didn't win anything,lol maybe i should have had baits that were 2 times bigger, anyway congrats to the winners :)
you are in deep trouble when all the judges are loaded of patriotism!you are 10 times nicer than everything i have seen,i guess you just live in the wrong country....... once again that ''championship'' seems to need a lot more credibility

I was at the show and saw all the lures and held all of them in my hands.  Solarfall builds very nice lures, I almost won one in the auction, but there were nicer/better ones there.  Country of origin had nothing to do with it; the contest is as fair as it can possibly be in my opinion.  I know there are better builders out there that didn’t enter as well, I often see guys putting stuff up on the internet that could easily be contest winners but they don’t enter.  It is what it is. Take it or leave it. 

yeah lure like that deserve a lot more than the solar baits...........
seriously don't be jealous and give credit when deserve

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/photos/show-album.asp?albumid...

ShutUpNFish
Posted 3/15/2013 7:23 AM (#626710 - in reply to #618257)
Subject: Re: World Championship Handcrafted MUSKIE Lure Contest Results

In defense of the first bait the "Guest" posted...The is a very nice smallmouth bass pattern which is meant to look like a smallmouth. If you have ever caught or seen a smallmouth bass, you would know that they typically have those blemishes or markings on their bellies. This particular baitmaker makes one Hell of a nice bait and paintjob, I have seen his work first hand and it certainly cannot be compared to the last two attachments you posted!

You guys just need to get over it! If you're not satisfied or cannot handle the outcomes of how the games are played....THEN DON'T PLAY AT ALL!

Its that simple!

Edited by ShutUpNFish 3/15/2013 7:28 AM
BCS22
Posted 3/15/2013 9:48 AM (#626751 - in reply to #618257)
Subject: Re: World Championship Handcrafted MUSKIE Lure Contest Results

Your posting pics of baits that didnt win anything, none of those baits were chosen over solarfall's baits so why post pics of them, Makes no sense. I agree ,if you don't like it then don't participate. I won the masters crank bait division and lost in two other categorys. Win or lose, oh well ,I will still compete no matter what because the event is not all about winning to me. It's about having fun building baits and giving to a good cause at the same time. And anyone who puts on an event in there spare time to help generate money is A+ in my book and thats good enough for to help out. There wouldn't even be a muskie fishery within hours from my home if it weren't for people like this wanting to better something. Everyone's a winner in the long run, take it or leave it!!
Dziadzia
Posted 3/17/2013 6:39 AM (#627216 - in reply to #618257)
Subject: RE: World Championship Handcrafted MUSKIE Lure Contest Results

This show is really brilliant environment for the lure builders to show capacities and abilities to create marvellous baits. As well superb source for anglers all-around-the world to look at the tackle industry and for sure to share/collect experience. As I love to say – jerkbait connecting people. I do believe that the main purpose, I am writing from the perspective of lure builder, is to participate and keep eyes opened on the market and what is going on the desktop. Despite this, I would like to say that lures/baits should be evaluated comprehending or taking into the consideration many features of lures/baits, id est balance, animation in water, other extra features like ”belly shaking”, 3D movements and so on… Best, Edgaras (Dziadzia)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)