Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Lowrance® Elite-5 DSI VS Humminbird® 597ci HD DI

Reply New post
Message Subject: Lowrance® Elite-5 DSI VS Humminbird® 597ci HD DI
basscatmark
Posted 2/11/2011 8:21 PM (#481249 - in reply to #481231)
Subject: RE: Lowrance® Elite-5 DSI VS Humminbird® 597ci HD DI

What I am trying to say lam is that the si units downscan is software they blend the left and right beam to come up with the ds, they don't have a dedicated down looking crystal in the si units! So the bird dsi units that have a dedicated crystal may or may not look like the software rendered shots that are produced by SI units, I am not sure but I think I have seen the above screenshots on other forums and I believe they were taken by the SI units.

mark
Targa01
Posted 2/12/2011 12:36 PM (#481305 - in reply to #476033)
Subject: Re: Lowrance® Elite-5 DSI VS Humminbird® 597ci HD DI

I have a quetion for you Mark G. I've been reading as much as possible about the SI and it seems that when there may be problems with the quality of images (left/right cloudy images) the first thing mentioned is the transducer level. This makes sense but they also mention to level it while the boat is "normally" loaded in the water and things can change with addition of people or loads. Is the transducer that sensitive to load changes or maybe slight wave action. Thanks for any info Mark.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)