Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Is that a log or a rock???...Holy S!!t that's a fish" . Me to Tom after seeing the biggest fish Iv'e ever seen, in my 2nd hour ever on Vermilion.
- (Added by: 5th lake Brad)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> walleye color for this weekend tournament-

Message Subject: walleye color for this weekend tournament-
zach2626
Posted 10/4/2010 12:03 PM (#462053 - in reply to #462021)
Subject: Re: walleye color for this weekend tournament-

heres one i pinched the tail on the bump board to go 50", this is also on a lure i made. going 5.5mph on a short line (8 foot back) over 15fow at 11am w/o a cloud in the sky.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(JLVRSBYNWM.jpg 2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments JLVRSBYNWM.jpg 2.jpg (31KB - 127 downloads)
pepsiboy
Posted 10/5/2010 7:12 AM (#462174 - in reply to #461280)

imho if guys are painting over old colors and epoxy there is some big chance the cranks is gonna be ruined.dont think it mathers for glidebaits
Stan Durst 1
Posted 10/5/2010 8:16 AM (#462180 - in reply to #462174)

When doing a repaint on a wooden lure and if the epoxy coating isn't breached,
( cracked) than buffing the gloss off and repainting, keeps the lure sealed, and does not effect the lures weight or tuning, unless you re-epoxy the final finish, than weight is added. Depending on the type of lure, sometimes it helps. If the epoxy has been breached, than it is a strip down to bare wood. Sometimes I have been asked to make one a little heavier ( a sub surface bait) to make it run just a little bit deeper. Though it gets more technical than that, material used and such, that is the main principal. Very rare do I have problems, and if I should, I always back my work and people have come to depend on that. I stay very busy. Everyone has their own way of doing things and with the different materials that they use. As one can see with this board, everyone has their own opinion of how things should be done, there are a lot of very talented guys out there including the one that started this post.

Edited by Stan Durst 1 10/5/2010 8:21 AM
zach2626
Posted 10/19/2010 9:20 AM (#463757 - in reply to #462180)

just a shout out that stan durst and i are putting some of my lures up on ebay in a week or two w/ all proceeds going directly towards the musky hatchery at chautauqua lake for next years hatchery fund. its is a great thing to do since the great state of NY falls short on feeding and we really need to get some nets over the hatchery ponds to keep herons from eating all our little muskies when they are outside in the ponds. this year we lost somewhere around 75% of our hatchery stock and we need a productive year next year. Cpt Larry Jones set this up many years ago and now we have some of the best fishing that chautauqua has ever seen. please support our fund. i am painting up 2 foiled colors and stan durst is doing some cool customs also. please help us out when we have them up on ebay! thanks for your time- zach baker
suskymusky50
Posted 10/31/2010 8:01 AM (#465135 - in reply to #461280)

You guys are right, Larry is top shelf! Zach I would like to check out some of your work. I have only been getting to chautauqua for Larry's bait fish fund tourniments. Hopefully we can meet then. I will have cash in hand!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)