Please register or Login
MuskieFIRST | WalleyeFIRST | SalmonFIRST | IceFishing | WhitetailFIRST | BassFIRST | OutdoorsFIRST Upload

Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Never, EVER, take a knee in the Pursuit that is your life! You only get one shot at anything, and Fair Catches are for those who choose not to Stand and Deliver, So do not pi$$ it all away! GO HARD, or stay home!"
- (Added by: muskynightmare)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Mr. Wiggly hook set up

Message Subject: Mr. Wiggly hook set up
musky45
Posted 2/18/2010 1:39 PM (#424500)
Subject: Mr. Wiggly hook set up

Hey guys

I was watching Hunt for the big fish and saw a mr wiggly and was wondering how the hook is in the lure, to me it seems like the lure slides on a small leader. I was wondering how you accomplish that. Any thoughts would be great
The Toad
Posted 2/18/2010 6:51 PM (#424561 - in reply to #424500)
Subject: RE: Mr. Wiggly hook set up

It would be pretty easy to pour the bait with a small tube running less than a third of the way back in the bait. That way the rubber has a lot of action and can pull free when a fish hits. The castaic platinum swimbait is similarly rigged.
eric001
Posted 2/18/2010 8:22 PM (#424584 - in reply to #424500)
Subject: Re: Mr. Wiggly hook set up

some soft baits I made I used surgical tubing inside the lure and used the mend-it to keep it in place- then ran the leader through the tubing an put hook(s) on below- then when the fish strikes the plastisol moves up the leader and doesn't get all chewed up- works............ Like to run 6/0-8/0 circle hook off the bottom with an arc dehooker- bam fish-on/ fish- off
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
VIO POV

(Delete all cookies set by this site)