Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Salmo Turbo Jack Top Water

Message Subject: Salmo Turbo Jack Top Water
Johnny_B
Posted 2/16/2008 11:06 AM (#301457)
Subject: Salmo Turbo Jack Top Water

Any feedback on Salmo's Turbo Jack top water bait? How does it compare to the Top Raider or Rumbler?

It's a solid foam bait that should stand up to any abuse that a musky or it's environment can dish out. I'm planning on buying one as soon as I find one in the Starry Night color.

Thanks,

John
Performance_Tuned
Posted 2/16/2008 11:23 AM (#301462 - in reply to #301457)
Subject: RE: Salmo Turbo Jack Top Water

I've got a big one and the junior size. They are both very easy starting and work
very slowly. The jr. size has more of a traditional plop-plop sound like a rumbler
and the larger one actually sounds more like a buzzbait. I just got the big one,
and the tail blade on it is totally different than that of the small one. It is scalloped
on the edge and kind of fluted. I've not seen one in pictures like it. It definitly
sounds different than a rumbler ( I have 2 of those.) or a top raider (heard them
on Joe Bucher DVD I have). I would also be interested in any fish catching feed-
back.
Roger London
Whoolligan
Posted 2/16/2008 4:04 PM (#301493 - in reply to #301457)
Subject: Re: Salmo Turbo Jack Top Water

I have one, can't remember where I picked it up. Again, a different sound, and different profile. It works pretty well, runs a little faster than a top Raider or Rumbler. I like it for night fishing, because one of the lakes I nightfish has a lot of rock reefs/jetty's.
I've caught fish on it, it is a decent bait. One thing I really like about it, is that it doesn't get blown out of the water real easily, like some other plop baits.
Muskie Bob
Posted 2/16/2008 10:28 PM (#301541 - in reply to #301457)
Subject: Re: Salmo Turbo Jack Top Water

I've got two of the smaller size. One is a little smaller than the other. Although I haven't fished them much, I was disappointed in the blades when tuning for the sound I like. The blades feel a little soft to me.

I too would be interested in feed back on catching with the smaller size.

I just bought a super top raider and planning of buying a rumbler. So, I can't compare them. However, I really like to fish a low-rider. You may want to consider getting one of them too.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)