Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Older Sylvan 17 Pro Sport (dumb question)

Reply New post
Message Subject: Older Sylvan 17 Pro Sport (dumb question)
ErockEsox
Posted 4/12/2024 11:25 AM (#1027668)
Subject: Older Sylvan 17 Pro Sport (dumb question)

Does anyone have experience with older Sylvan boats? I bought one and picked it up this spring but now, in a moment that has me feeling like a real dumbass, I can’t for the life of me find where I would put fuel in the boat. I’ve already checked all of the usual places that an internal gas tank would be filled but I still can’t find that spot anywhere. Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Edited by ErockEsox 4/12/2024 11:26 AM
sworrall
Posted 4/12/2024 2:57 PM (#1027672 - in reply to #1027668)
Subject: Re: Older Sylvan 17 Pro Sport (dumb question)

Trace your fuel lines and look for an overflow vent. That should locate the tank, and the fill could be figured out from there.
VMS
Posted 4/13/2024 10:33 AM (#1027685 - in reply to #1027668)
Subject: RE: Older Sylvan 17 Pro Sport (dumb question)

Hiya!!

What year is the boat? I'll do a little digging here as well to see what we can all find out together.

I did find on a pro fisher the fill was on the back deck near a port side seat location. I'm wondering if they moved it into the splashwell area, maybe on a vertical portion just behind the back deck or on the furthest portion forward in the splashwell itself? In my humble opinion, not the best location due to potential of water intrusion, but I am sure the engineers of the design worked to prevent water getting in.

It's odd...you'd think they would have put a fill cap on the top of the gunnel...

Steve

Edited by VMS 4/13/2024 10:47 AM
ErockEsox
Posted 4/13/2024 5:02 PM (#1027711 - in reply to #1027668)
Subject: Re: Older Sylvan 17 Pro Sport (dumb question)

Thanks guys. I found it. The motor steering cables had it covered but trimming down the motor made it obvious
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)