Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Interesting "issue"....so to speak... Helix 7 G4N update..

Reply New post
Message Subject: Interesting "issue"....so to speak... Helix 7 G4N update..
VMS
Posted 3/15/2024 2:07 PM (#1027050)
Subject: Interesting "issue"....so to speak... Helix 7 G4N update..

Hiya,

As some of you know I just upgraded to new units this year to capture more of the features for Humminbird graphs and Minn Kota motors. I went with Helix 7 G4N units and per humminbird, there was an update that was made available on Feb 9th of this year. I completed the updates, but now when I go through my view options on the Helix, I no longer have the ability to see full-screen sonar, full screen Mega Down, or full screen Mega side. I have combo capabilities, but there are times where I just want the full screen. Has anyone else ever come across this on any humminbird update, and if so, what was the fix?

I figure I am going to see if I can reinstall the updates again as my starting point. Funny thing is, this same issue shows up in demo mode as well. I've made sure my sonar is on when looking through views and I can hear the pinging, so I've ruled out the cause as being the sonar is off... No change when sonar is on...same loss of views.

Thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!

Edited by VMS 3/15/2024 2:08 PM
kjgmh
Posted 3/15/2024 2:18 PM (#1027051 - in reply to #1027050)
Subject: RE: Interesting "issue"....so to speak... Helix 7 G4N update..

Menu - Views - see if they are hidden or visible
VMS
Posted 3/15/2024 4:47 PM (#1027053 - in reply to #1027051)
Subject: RE: Interesting "issue"....so to speak... Helix 7 G4N update..

That is where I noticed I don't have them even showing to hide or to view...

OH Musky
Posted 3/15/2024 8:17 PM (#1027057 - in reply to #1027050)
Subject: Re: Interesting "issue"....so to speak... Helix 7 G4N update..

Try a system reset or restore. If that doesn’t work, reload the last update if you have it.
VMS
Posted 3/16/2024 6:31 AM (#1027059 - in reply to #1027050)

Tried both...no luck.

So...because of my own curiosity, I played with things a bit more last night and cycled the sonar off, then back on once the units were up and running...and wouldn't you know it...the view options were there. That to me is really weird!

I'll likely be back out there today at some point to see if the units do this again. In my mind...something like that should not happen, but I also noticed the pinging was slower the when I cycled the sonar off, then back on... This was on both the trolling motor and the rear.

Another thing I noticed (again...linked to trolling motor is new to me). I could set up the bow unit to control the trolling motor (toggled it on within the settings of the unit) and then did the same thing on my helm unit... The helm would not pull up the trolling motor controls but the bow unit would. Everything is networked... Any ideas on this one?

I'll keep tinkering with things as I always do...but any insight here would be much appreciated as well...my learning curve on this newer stuff is quite high at this point.

Steve
FishHateMe
Posted 3/16/2024 7:39 AM (#1027060 - in reply to #1027050)

Post your issues and questions on BBC (link below). A lot of Humminbird "experts" but a couple people who really know their stuff and seem to usually reply quickly. Good luck.

https://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=133
pstrombe
Posted 3/16/2024 5:25 PM (#1027065 - in reply to #1027050)

If you are networked you will need to update your network preferences on each unit after a software update. Just did mine this afternoon
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)