Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Bucktail Building Advice

Message Subject: Bucktail Building Advice
Weiseyyy
Posted 2/19/2024 10:17 AM (#1026618)
Subject: Bucktail Building Advice

Hello!

I'm looking at getting into building bucktails and was just curious if anyone on here had any beginner pointers for me or gear recommendations. I've seen little kits on websites like the Musky Shop, but I'm more interested in getting all of the tools first and then building up my own component arsenal.

Thanks in advance for any help at all. I'm going to be at the MN Expo here soon as well, so if you know of any venders there that sell building gear, let me know.

Thanks!
Weiseyyy
Posted 2/19/2024 10:54 AM (#1026620 - in reply to #1026618)
Subject: RE: Bucktail Building Advice

Wrong thread.

Please delete. My bad.
Kirby Budrow
Posted 2/19/2024 11:26 AM (#1026622 - in reply to #1026620)
Subject: Re: Bucktail Building Advice

Round nose pliers and all the components you want. That’s really all you need to get started. The pliers bend the loops perfectly and there is no need for a fancy bender if you’re just doing them for your own purposes.
mbani
Posted 2/19/2024 12:10 PM (#1026623 - in reply to #1026622)

Exactly what Kirby said. I use the knipex round nose. For the .6 (supermodel) wire another pliers is helpful not to hurt your hands. I’ve made way too many bucktsils for myself and others this way

I don’t know if the shows will have a bunch of components. Sometimes good deals on flashabou though. I’d steer away from kits as you’re getting stuff you don’t need

I’ve always used moores lures. Great guy and tons of components at a really good price. You can call him if you have questions also
miket55
Posted 2/19/2024 12:58 PM (#1026624 - in reply to #1026623)

mbani - 2/19/2024 1:10 PM

I’ve always used moores lures. Great guy and tons of components at a really good price. You can call him if you have questions also

+1 for Dick Moore.. he'll take the time to help you figure out what you're trying to accomplish, offer some tips, and won't sell you a bunch of crap you don't need..

You won't find better prices either..

www.mooreslures.com
RLSea
Posted 2/20/2024 10:36 PM (#1026662 - in reply to #1026618)

+2 for Moore's Lures. He has an online catalog.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)