Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Musky Hunter TV?

Message Subject: Musky Hunter TV?
Ruddiger
Posted 1/8/2024 7:18 PM (#1025643)
Subject: Musky Hunter TV?

Howdy,

Anyone know what’s up with the decline of Musky Hunter tv? I just watched the first episode of the 2024 show online and it really feels like this show is on its last legs. No camera man, all go pro footage, less than 15 minutes long, no real information to educate the audience, etc.

I’ve always enjoyed this show a lot, but this reminded me of when Mehsikomer’s show was on its last legs and was more of a vanity project than a sponsor driven show. I can only assume that the proliferation of streaming, endless online fishing content, and the decline of cable viewers killed the format for anyone not named Lindner?

Take care,

Ruddiger
EsoxWanderer
Posted 1/9/2024 8:33 AM (#1025645 - in reply to #1025643)
Subject: Re: Musky Hunter TV?

I'm glad its still on the air after all this time. Perhaps has gotten a bit repetitive. The theme is sometimes 'they could be in the weeds or on the rocks, they could be shallow or they could be deep'. Maybe not the most helpful but on the other hand pretty much sums up musky fishing.
Clark A
Posted 1/9/2024 5:48 PM (#1025658 - in reply to #1025643)

They didn't mention where they were, so maybe the free/discounted lodging days are over. I think they have stayed at 4 out of the 5 camps on that small lake. I truly enjoy seeing spots I fish on YouTube!
chuckski
Posted 1/9/2024 6:37 PM (#1025659 - in reply to #1025643)

I live in Denver area and up till last year I could get it, Has not shown up on auto record. It used to be on CBSSNHD. Two seasons now missing in action.
miket55
Posted 1/9/2024 9:28 PM (#1025660 - in reply to #1025643)

The only way I can get MH, and Keyes" shows are to download them from youtube..
TCESOX
Posted 1/9/2024 10:47 PM (#1025661 - in reply to #1025643)

Aren't Keys' shows on his KO Outdoors streaming app?
Musky-Slayer
Posted 1/10/2024 2:09 PM (#1025672 - in reply to #1025643)

I have Musky Hunter app MHTV. It shows this current season with the lineup planned until May with 19 episodes and seasons back to 2013. And the app has some other cool features as well.
VMS
Posted 1/11/2024 1:05 PM (#1025684 - in reply to #1025643)

Hiya!

I believe there are probably a few reasons as to why it may seem like things have changed for MH television. First, I would anticipate having a separate person running a camera adds a large financial cost to production, along with an extra body for logding, food, etc. So...moving to go-pro cameras on fixed mount locations (to me) would save a lot of money. As for the format of the show...it hasn't changed much in it's years of running in my humble opinion.

Now...If you consider who's show ran with go-pro to start...Mike Keyes. To me, he has come a long way over his years of production and I truly enjoy his segments as they tell a story to some extent, explore new waters, and honestly, having a show here and there that no fish are actually caught and boated keeps things real. I appreciate that as other shows can make it look like fish are always caught... That is just not the case for what I would believe the vast majority of us experience out there, especially if we are not fishing Canadian water where populations are better and pressure is lower overall.

I still watch MH TV, but I catch it on youtube. If memory serves me right, there are no commercials, so the length of time to watch vs on FOX, or wherever you were able to get your viewing from is much shorter. I like that as it is more efficient for me to watch.

In my humble opinion I would like to see a little more in the teaching side of things, such as techniques, lure presentations, how to approach certain structure, etc. It's pretty hard to beat what Al and Ron Lindner started with In-Fisherman Years ago, but that format would be great to have... The format of picking a presentation, teaching it, and applying it to the waters being fished is fantastic...

I think one personality to watch for in the realm of teaching and improvement of content is Doug Wegner. I believe he might be looking to do more on that front in his productions, and I hope that those pieces are not kept behind his paywall with youtube.
Double 10s
Posted 1/16/2024 2:21 PM (#1025757 - in reply to #1025660)

You can find Keyes Outdoors, Mayhem's 10,000 Casts and a bunch of other fishing and hunting shows on the KO channel for free on any Roku device.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)