Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Lowrance electronics

Reply New post
Message Subject: Lowrance electronics
Posted 7/20/2023 10:23 AM (#1022387)
Subject: Lowrance electronics

I’ve always had hummingbirds in my boat and for the most part they’ve been pretty good to me a couple mishaps here and there but not bad. Thinking of maybe trying and HDS 12 just wondering if it’s worth making the switch. Curious what the mapping and side imagining is like compared to the hummingbirds. You’re comments and info would be greatly appreciated thank you.
gimruis
Posted 7/20/2023 3:20 PM (#1022398 - in reply to #1022387)
Subject: Re: Lowrance electronics

Honestly if you're used to birds, I would just stick with those. Trying to go from one operating system to another presents a learning curve that takes a fair amount of time to adjust to. I've always been a Lowrance guy and I've used them for 22 years now, upgrading units multiple times. I've got 22 years of waypoints saved and transferred, so going to another brand would be problematic at this point.
danmuskyman
Posted 7/20/2023 5:49 PM (#1022406 - in reply to #1022387)

I was a bird guy for 10-12 years. My last boat I bought had 3 lowrance graphs on it already so it would have been thousands to change it all. I've been using lowrance now for a year and a half and I'm still learning. I will say the side imaging is hands down better with birds, but everything else is pretty equal. I also preferred the depth shading with Humminbird / Lakemaster but I now use Cmap reveal which has a shading feature but I don't think you can shade exact depths like you could on the bird. If your used to birds I'd stick with them.
RJ_692
Posted 7/21/2023 7:52 AM (#1022424 - in reply to #1022387)

I think the Lowrance sonar in general is better. Especially 2D. Active Target i think is also better if your doing that.

I currently use a Helix 10 for mapping and Lowrance HDS 12 live for fish finding.

I think the answer is both. Or all if you want to slide garmin in. Still see a lot of pros running all three together.
danmuskyman
Posted 7/21/2023 8:58 PM (#1022444 - in reply to #1022387)

If you want to throw live imaging in the mix, then garmin is hands down the best. Humminbird and lowrance aren't even close. So to answer your question you should run a Helix for SI and maps, HDS for sonar, and Garmin for livescope. Haha!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)