Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> livescope mounting

Reply New post
Message Subject: livescope mounting
ILESOX
Posted 6/23/2023 11:12 PM (#1021870)
Subject: livescope mounting

like most guys, i fish from the back port (left) side of the boat, i just bought a brew city ct360 and im in the process of setting everything up, im curious, have any of you guys mounted the pole on the starboard side, im worried about possiblity of a getting tangled up with a fish, or problems netting if i have it right in my round house. ive got tracks on the boat (08 alumacraft tpro 185) Id like to have my display unit closer to me so i can see follower/bait fish off the structure im fishing. Should i mount the pole on the port side but further forward? looking for suggestions, definite livescope newb.
RJ_692
Posted 6/26/2023 7:34 AM (#1021907 - in reply to #1021870)
Subject: Re: livescope mounting

i dont agree with the side mounting at all. most walleye and every bass pro are running them off the front for a reason. been awhile since you've seen walleye tournaments won from the front deck. walleye guys winning and dont even have kicker motors on their boats lol. its actually starting to change boat layouts to get more front deck space back.

Its just the only way to really stay on a fish
RyanF
Posted 6/28/2023 10:33 AM (#1021963 - in reply to #1021870)

My boat has integrated rails on each side. I fish out of the starboard rear casting deck. Located the brew city mount on the starboard side. This lets me use the graphs at the helm as well as adding a additional screen at my feet on rail and adjust the scope direction. When trolling, I slide the brew city mount forward on the rail to be adjustable from the driver seat. Amazing how many looker and follows you see while trolling. I figure the livescope pole is no worse than a trolling motor when dealing with fish and getting tangled.
ILESOX
Posted 7/2/2023 6:12 PM (#1022056 - in reply to #1021963)

RyanF - 6/28/2023 10:33 AM

My boat has integrated rails on each side. I fish out of the starboard rear casting deck. Located the brew city mount on the starboard side. This lets me use the graphs at the helm as well as adding a additional screen at my feet on rail and adjust the scope direction. When trolling, I slide the brew city mount forward on the rail to be adjustable from the driver seat. Amazing how many looker and follows you see while trolling. I figure the livescope pole is no worse than a trolling motor when dealing with fish and getting tangled.

thanks Ryan! Sounds like we fish the same, just opposite sides of the boat. I prefer to dock my boat on the starboard side on most ramps, so having the pole on that side wouldnt work for me, im sure it will work similarly for me on the opposite side
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)