Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Replace paddle tail on Swimin dawg????

Message Subject: Replace paddle tail on Swimin dawg????
happy hooker
Posted 6/22/2023 6:40 PM (#1021842)
Subject: Replace paddle tail on Swimin dawg????

Of course we can replace bulldawg tails but has anybody tried to replace a Swimin dawg paddle tail with something new or a different paddle,,mine got bitten off by a snake pike
Angling Oracle
Posted 6/22/2023 8:18 PM (#1021844 - in reply to #1021842)
Subject: Re: Replace paddle tail on Swimin dawg????

Mine was chewed off by mixture of several pike and muskie - I wound up getting a big musky size twister tail, cutting a wedge out of both and melting together - if I recall may have used a zip tie for reinforcement. Big ugly mess and yet to use it - hopefully will hold out for at least one fish - they are pricey up here in CDN $$. Obviously a bit softer plastic than most other lures - I like them for this reason as seem to get a better hookset than say a Poseiden that is more robust, but they are only slightly less fragile than red october. I didn't have glue on hand at the time, so don't know if that would have worked better.
jdsplasher
Posted 6/22/2023 10:26 PM (#1021845 - in reply to #1021844)

Yes, replacing paddles on swim baits is pretty simple. I pour both paddles and large twist tails.

You can also attach a spinner blade to tail end.

JD

7.62xJay
Posted 6/23/2023 2:44 AM (#1021847 - in reply to #1021842)

Not saying it'd work, I haven't tried it myself, but HeadBanger Lures makes replacement paddle tails for their line. Maybe glue or melt one of them?
chuckski
Posted 6/23/2023 7:22 AM (#1021850 - in reply to #1021842)

Years ago I had the tail of a Bulldawg come off and heated up a old knife melted a Magombo on the back then later cut it off and added a spinner. And I still have it.
Ogandrews
Posted 6/23/2023 8:44 AM (#1021852 - in reply to #1021842)

I have used the tail from a 7’8” keitech on the back of one of the little swimmin dawgs. Used a bunch of superglue and it worked decently. Little different action than it originally had. A similar tail could be the 12 or 15” action plastics or an 8” salt shaker, although if you’re buying the action plastics you might as well buy a new swimmin dawg for the price. I think they also make replacements for the paddle tail shallow invader, that could work too
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)