Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Trout water reef fishing

Message Subject: Trout water reef fishing
North of 8
Posted 6/15/2023 5:27 PM (#1021670 - in reply to #1021661)
Subject: Re: Trout water reef fishing

dickP - 6/15/2023 10:00 AM

Sorry got behind on this. EsoxA believe me i hear u!
Old times(and timers)are often hard to understand and/or convey to others. Fact of the matter is at times one struggled to find the reef itself and doing so required having shore,islabd or assorted fixed markers to libe up. Often multiple slow passes to make contact. The bigger and deeper the water.the harder to find.
Not just in Canada either. For instance on leech there were very few peopke who could drive to Submarine or other reefs - particularly in rough water. You needed multiple reference points such as points,towers or lights in the distance etc. A totally different world.
Canada soon??Good fishing 2 all!!!

I remember back in the 1970s, fishing the Three Lakes Chain. Friend of mine had a cabin there and he liked to fish musky. We would try and find a boulder pile that his brother in law fished with success. We never found it, but one day his brother in law was on a hot bite, picked us up and took us right to that pile of boulders. We didn't catch fish, but moved two nice ones in a short period of time. Next time up north, my friend and I tried to find that boulder field, no luck. His brother in law had an uncanny sense of that kind of thing. He hardly slowed the boat before stopping. He had some sort of internal GPS.
chuckski
Posted 6/16/2023 9:43 AM (#1021687 - in reply to #1021422)
Subject: Re: Trout water reef fishing

My Grandpa found a good fishing spot in the 70's from watching Andy Andel on T.V. (he caught a lot of Crappies along with 10 pound Walleye from this spot.)
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)