Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> RIP Dave Dorazio

Message Subject: RIP Dave Dorazio
ToddM
Posted 3/22/2023 5:06 PM (#1019189)
Subject: RIP Dave Dorazio

Hard to believe it's not already been mentioned the Hayward area lost one of it's greats. RIP Dave Dorazio. I always remember his article in MuskyHunter called One Up, One Down, One Black.

Edited by ToddM 3/22/2023 5:07 PM
mikie
Posted 3/22/2023 5:13 PM (#1019190 - in reply to #1019189)
Subject: Re: RIP Dave Dorazio

Gone to fish better waters. m
https://drydenwire.com/obituaries/david-n-dorazio/
Jeff78
Posted 3/22/2023 5:35 PM (#1019191 - in reply to #1019189)

A class act.
jchiggins
Posted 3/22/2023 8:20 PM (#1019193 - in reply to #1019189)

RIP Dave!
sworrall
Posted 3/22/2023 9:29 PM (#1019194 - in reply to #1019189)

RIP Dave.
chuckski
Posted 3/22/2023 11:34 PM (#1019196 - in reply to #1019189)

Wow another one of the greats is gone! RIP Dave! at one time owned Eddiebait and Bootails and there is a good chapter in Steve Heiting's Musky Mastery featuring Dave. I have a Baby Bootail I caught a 36" Muskie on the first cast out of the package and the Eddiebait gets on of time on my line in the spring then in the Fall too. I put a solid O ring between my lure (Eddie) and the factory leader.
Udee2159
Posted 3/23/2023 2:25 PM (#1019215 - in reply to #1019189)

RIP and sad to see for sure. He was a legend in that area. I was fortunate enough to fish with him years ago. Great memories.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 05855533-7AB5-41B5-8561-EAAD0A6C637B.jpeg (103KB - 86 downloads)
Jeff Hanson
Posted 3/23/2023 3:01 PM (#1019217 - in reply to #1019215)

RIP Dave,
Dave was truly a class act. One of the nicest guys I met in this industry, was always fun talking to him at the shows or on the phone,
I caught alot of fish on the custom weighted Boo Tails he made for me over the years.
Wish I would have saved one and not used it, mine are all destroyed.
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
BigMo
Posted 3/27/2023 8:00 PM (#1019293 - in reply to #1019189)
Subject: RE: RIP Dave Dorazio

Dave was the first guide I ever hired. I didn't know shhhhht from shinola. I messed up so much that morning.....got a few colorful lessons and looks from Dave We took a lunch break then drove to meet him at a different lake in the afternoon. I was prepared and took his morning lessons to heart. He was very complimentary that afternoon (but NEVER let me forget that first morning in the best possible ways). I fished with him a couple more times in the next two years. As it is with good guides, learned something new every time.

I didn't know his family except for Mike who I met at the Milwaukee Show when he was a high school dude interested in graphic arts (I may have that wrong but something like that). Mike, if you're out there, I will miss your dad. My condolences to your family.

RIP Dave
mdorazio
Posted 4/4/2023 10:52 PM (#1019494 - in reply to #1019189)

@BigMo - I miss him too! Thank you and the rest of you for your condolences and memories of my Dad. He was a great Dad, a great Grandfather to his grandchildren, Gwynevere and Ronin, and a great person. He was one of the smartest men I knew. My Dad was the smartest kid in his high school class. He never got a grade lower than A. In High School, He was offered a full academic scholarship to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He read 2 or 3 books per week all of his life. Name any book, and my Dad has probably read it. He lived life on his own terms. He could have been a fisheries biologist, but chose to guide for the fish he loved instead of study them. At the age of 17 years old, he was asked to join the guide's dock at Herman's Landing and was one of the youngest guide to join the elite group of guides on the Chippewa Flowage. Names like Ray Blank, Bruce Tasker, and Wayne Gutsch guided out of Herman's Landing. He put a lot of time in fishing the Chippewa Flowage. So much time, that my Mom and I missed him a lot in the summer months when he was working many days straight, but he always found time to take me fishing, even when he was busy.

Steve Heiting, formerly of Musky Hunter Magazine, wrote an article about my Dad. It will be in Wisconsin Outdoor News. The issue hits newsstands this week. Make sure you all pick up a copy and read it. The article is on the front page. Steve did a great job writing it.

Keep casting,

Mike Dorazio
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)