Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Tennessee again

Message Subject: Tennessee again
Brian Hoffies
Posted 3/5/2023 10:32 AM (#1018637)
Subject: Tennessee again

Just asking about Tennessee again. I'm considering a move and while I enjoy Bass fishing I also fish for Pike up here in Northern Minnesota and have also fished for Muskie. Kinda looking in the area East of Nashville and North of I-40. My preference is to troll but would also cast some. Has anybody fished these area's? Are the TVA impoundments tough to fish / learn? From what little information I've found it seems like completely different fishing than what I've done. I'm 99% sure there are no Pike down there so that leaves me with Muskie I think.

For those who have fished down there is trolling for Muskie even a viable option?

Thanks.
muskymartin67
Posted 3/5/2023 11:39 AM (#1018642 - in reply to #1018637)
Subject: Re: Tennessee again

My suggestion would be to go visit the area and book 2 different guides and then go fishing with them so you can see firsthand for yourself what it's all about, years ago I was planning on buying a cabin and that's just what I did, ended up not buying the cabin but at least I have a pretty good idea on what the fishing and my expectations are for that particular area, spending 2-3k on this venture would be well worth it to avoid a long time disappointment or to realize that this IS the place where you want to move
Abu7000
Posted 3/5/2023 3:32 PM (#1018650 - in reply to #1018637)
Subject: RE: Tennessee again

PM sent about Tennessee muskies.
Masqui-ninja
Posted 3/5/2023 5:56 PM (#1018657 - in reply to #1018637)

Send me a pm if you'd like. I'll be headed down there in a few days, own a camping spot within an hours drive of several good fisheries. I explored all over the state for six years before I finally put down some roots.
Brian Hoffies
Posted 3/11/2023 9:52 PM (#1018872 - in reply to #1018637)

Thanks to those who sent PM's & info. I would like to get a trip down there in April although thats now in question as I had a unexpected job offer to come out of retirement for a few years. I have a lot of thinking to do. lol
Fishdoc11
Posted 3/20/2023 10:05 PM (#1019117 - in reply to #1018637)

I live off of 40 east of Nashville and fish for muskies every chance I get. I do about 50% trolling. Feel free to shoot me a pm. I will say there are choices but there aren’t many places and they are getting more and
more pressured unfortunately. Would love to trade knowledge. Down here you are dealing with river run reservoirs, highland reservoirs and rivers for Muskies. No natural lakes with lots of weed like up there. Can be similar in ways but definitely different.
Chris
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)