Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Pro v Bass 1875

Reply New post
Message Subject: Pro v Bass 1875
Cabbage Patch
Posted 12/18/2022 5:38 PM (#1016589)
Subject: Pro v Bass 1875

Those of you that have this boat, what do you like about it vs a traditional deep v like the impact??? Worth the extra coinage??
dhebeda
Posted 12/19/2022 3:44 PM (#1016616 - in reply to #1016589)
Subject: Re: Pro v Bass 1875

I switched from a 2015 1875 impact to a 2021 1875 Pro V Musky last year. The Pro V Musky is the same boat as the Prov V Bass with a different sticker on the side and two bait storage containers that hang lures in the port or starboard front deck storage.

For me the change was worth it. I like the layout much better, it has a huge front deck and plenty of rear casting deck for another angler. Easily could fish two up front versus the impact that would be pretty tight.

The Pro V rod storage in the center holds 15 rods 5 up to 9", whille the impact storage could only handle up to 8'6". Way more storage all around in the Pro-V vs the impact. Pro-V isn't built to handle a kicker, although I suppose somebody could find a way to put one on, but it won't be from the factory. The cockpit area of the Pro-V is smaller as the console is set further back than the impact giving you more deck space up front. I used to carry two JustEncase boxes on the cockpit floor of the impact with no issues, just one in the cockpit area of the Pro-V is difficult to get around, but you have the hanging storage in the front compartment that handles that.
The Pro-V Musky (Bass) doesn't get blown around as much as the impact. I also thing the Pro-V Musky has a better hole shot and better ride than the impact.

I think both are great boats, but I prefer the Pro-V Musky to the impact. Let me know if you have questions.

Dave
ToddC
Posted 12/19/2022 8:48 PM (#1016624 - in reply to #1016589)

Dave,
How much difference in seat height is there between the two models? It looks like the Pro V Musky/Bass have lower seats than the Impact. Being pretty tall at around 6-6 I like a taller seat. I hate fishing out of the bass boats with the seats that are just barely off the floor.

Thanks…….. Todd Clanin
gimruis
Posted 12/20/2022 8:17 AM (#1016626 - in reply to #1016624)

The sides on the Impact are going to be more like a traditional V-hull. Whereas the sides on the Pro V bass or pro V musky version will be lower. They are not quite like a true bass boat, but somewhere in the middle of the two. I have fished out of a pro V bass Lund and it was a nice rig. Its an expensive boat.
dhebeda
Posted 12/21/2022 8:25 AM (#1016640 - in reply to #1016626)

Todd,

The driver's seat is pretty low. I am 6' tall and it took some getting time to get used to it. At 6'6" it will be pretty tight. The stearing wheel is adjustable to give you more room. As for seats for fishing, I can't answer that one. I have two bike seats that I can put in the front and back decks (I think it comes standard with one) but usually I don't use them as I think they take up to much space, but they are nice when it's windy. But really I will just lean against them.

Dave
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)