Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> 2007 Ranger trail wheel studs breaking

Reply New post
Message Subject: 2007 Ranger trail wheel studs breaking
Cowboyhannah
Posted 10/23/2022 10:56 AM (#1014028)
Subject: 2007 Ranger trail wheel studs breaking

So this is the second time in 4 years studs have broke off my driver side back wheel on my tandem trailer. The result is ovaling out of the lug holes in the aluminum wheel so by the time it becomes apparent there is a problem the damage is done and the wheel is shot.

I’m wondering if anyone has had this issue? I think it may be caused by the hard angle when parking in the garage to make it fit. I have to chock that tire prior to releasing the trailer from the truck so it stays put when I unhook the trailer. I’m sure there is a good amount of pressure there in that wheel. Maybe ratchet strapping the front of the trailer to the wall rather than chocking that tire?

Edited by Cowboyhannah 10/23/2022 11:08 AM
muskymartin67
Posted 10/23/2022 5:37 PM (#1014043 - in reply to #1014028)
Subject: Re: 2007 Ranger trail wheel studs breaking

Usually this is caused by not tightening the lugs to specs should be around a 100 ft lbs. Either too loose or too tight of lug nuts can cause the condition you described, its highly doubtful that chocking the wheels prior to releasing caused this
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)