Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Small boat lakes near Appleton WI

Message Subject: Small boat lakes near Appleton WI
KaplanM
Posted 9/15/2022 10:11 PM (#1011839)
Subject: Small boat lakes near Appleton WI

I'm heading to Appleton WI this weekend with my 14' Lund and going to try to hit some nearby lakes for Musky. Trying to stay off big water in the small boat, so I'm looking for some tips on lakes to try.

Current thoughts are :
- Shawano
- Cloverleaf
- Fox in DePere
- Stay close with Winneconne / Butte de Morts

Any advice on your favorite smaller Musky lakes in the area would be a great help!
ToddM
Posted 9/16/2022 4:18 AM (#1011840 - in reply to #1011839)
Subject: Re: Small boat lakes near Appleton WI

Download the Wisconsin Musky lakes PDF and look up the musky lakes in that county. Each lake is given a classification as to action, size, high or low density, ect.
KaplanM
Posted 9/18/2022 8:56 PM (#1011929 - in reply to #1011839)

Thanks for the advice - ended up fishing on Shawano. Water Temp 72, down to 69 at dusk. Tried working outside edge and mid lake humps on north side of lake. Caught a 15" largemouth on a Musky spinnerbait. Lots of algae and milfoil to navigate on this lake.
ToddM
Posted 9/19/2022 4:17 AM (#1011931 - in reply to #1011929)

KaplanM - 9/18/2022 8:56 PM

Thanks for the advice - ended up fishing on Shawano. Water Temp 72, down to 69 at dusk. Tried working outside edge and mid lake humps on north side of lake. Caught a 15" largemouth on a Musky spinnerbait. Lots of algae and milfoil to navigate on this lake.

For a short while that was the lake for the area until green bay became reestablished.
labdog
Posted 9/22/2022 6:50 PM (#1012079 - in reply to #1011839)
Subject: RE: Small boat lakes near Appleton WI

I needed to jump on this one as I grew up in Appleton and caught my first musky in the Fox River (a 31” Tiger) on a gold little Cleo on 4# line from the shore. Not a numbers area, but the Fox River from Lutz Park into Little Lake Buttes More is untapped and possibility of a big fish. There is definitely some big Pike in that stretch also. Put in at Lutz Park and work your way to Little Lake BDM. The water is green with bloom and I like Gold or hot colors. A large Daredevil will score you some pike minimum. Keep the lower unit up near the park landing and for any shoreline within 50’.
Good Luck
h2os2t
Posted 9/29/2022 6:58 PM (#1013310 - in reply to #1011929)

With higher southern winds I would be careful out there.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)