Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Patterning waters without any insight

Message Subject: Patterning waters without any insight
bloatlord
Posted 9/8/2022 10:21 AM (#1011540 - in reply to #1011539)
Subject: Re: Patterning waters without any insight

7.62xJay - 9/8/2022 10:18 AM

Depends on your gusto and how you respond to caffeine intake. Personally I'd head out between 4-6pm so your still covering the "dusk" bite. Than keep going, you'll likely experience an increase in activity at or shortly after moonrise. Than go as long as your comfortable with. Idk how old you are but you sound driven. Please heed my advice when I say "If you start feeling naseus,delirious,irrationally paranoid, or just plain too tired; pack it up and leave"
Night is not a time to push yourself beyond what's safe. Trust me.

I've gone out at night before, and I don't think all night is a great idea for me, yeah. The one thing that I learned the first night out on the boat: learn to trust electronics. And then freak out when Humminbird's notoriously inaccurate Dakotas lakemaster chip says you are in 15 feet of water and not the 3 you actually are.
Kirby Budrow
Posted 9/8/2022 1:48 PM (#1011555 - in reply to #1011530)

bloatlord - 9/8/2022 8:50 AM

Kirby Budrow - 9/8/2022 8:16 AM

Yup, night fishing. You'll figure it at the landing.

I'll give it a shot. You stay out the entire evening?

All night!
Kirby Budrow
Posted 9/8/2022 1:50 PM (#1011557 - in reply to #1011539)

7.62xJay - 9/8/2022 10:18 AM

Depends on your gusto and how you respond to caffeine intake. Personally I'd head out between 4-6pm so your still covering the "dusk" bite. Than keep going, you'll likely experience an increase in activity at or shortly after moonrise. Than go as long as your comfortable with. Idk how old you are but you sound driven. Please heed my advice when I say "If you start feeling naseus,delirious,irrationally paranoid, or just plain too tired; pack it up and leave"

Yes, this can happen. If you're new to it, pick a night with a bright moon. New moon can get weird. Ease into it. You'll get more comfortable with it the more you go.
Ranger
Posted 9/9/2022 7:38 PM (#1011599 - in reply to #1011539)

7.62xJay - 9/8/2022 11:18 AM

I once drove 2 hours to fish Thornapple for 6 then another hour north to attend an Adult Friend Finder party (not my scene, I left after a couple hours) then 3 hour drive home to tend to my dog and since I was still awake I blasted to a local musky lake and put in a first light. I ran out of personal gas so started trolling. I woke up a mile from where I last remember being and my boat bow was on shore, my prop was still lop lopping around and my dog was sitting asleep with his head in my lap. I landed on the beach of a bible camp (Huzzy Lake) and two women were about 30 yards away, huddled together looking at me and one was on the phone. With most of an 8ball of cola in my pocket and 10 empty beer bottles on the floor I pushed off and booked to the part of the lake exactly opposite from the boat landing. I tucked in behind a pontoon boat and watched for the Popo to arrive at the landing. After an hour I gave up, ran to the landing and jerked my boat and went home. Ate some scrambled eggs, slept thru the day and went back out, with the dog, and fished till the next morning.

Ah, the crazy days of being 40. Gonzo solo fishing. I don't recommend it, but it worked great for me.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)