Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Wake Boats and Habitat

Message Subject: Wake Boats and Habitat
North of 8
Posted 1/14/2022 12:54 PM (#1000406)
Subject: Wake Boats and Habitat

There was yet another story in today's newspaper about folks in the northwoods wanting ordinances to prohibit or limit the use of so called "Wake Boats". They had quotes from local officials, DNR, etc. basically saying there is little in state law that regulates this type of craft. To date, the small chain where I live does not have a resident 'wake boat' and while I have seen them at boat shows have not seen them operating in person.
I know one member of the lake association I belong to is very concerned about the damage they can do shoreline structure, etc. The chain I live on is a shallow flowage and frankly I don't think the boats could navigate the shallow channels to get from one lake to the other, if they draw as much water as some have stated. But my question for those who have firsthand experience is whether they can damage habitat like shallow water spawning beds. One guy claimed the wake put his small fishing boat up on his dock. I would think that kind of power might tear up weed beds, sandy flats, etc.
Again, no firsthand knowledge, just wondering if other regions/states have any regulation on this type of craft and if you have seen any habitat damage from them.
IAJustin
Posted 1/14/2022 1:11 PM (#1000408 - in reply to #1000406)
Subject: Re: Wake Boats and Habitat

My first thought is if the lake is big enough that someone wants to wakeboard on it, it probably has 3' waves when the wind blows hard too? I'd be fine if all lakes 1000 acres or less were no wake - ha!
RobertK
Posted 1/14/2022 1:36 PM (#1000410 - in reply to #1000406)
Subject: RE: Wake Boats and Habitat

There is practically no limit to the size of a lake that a wake boat can operate on. Wake boats have ballast tanks to increase their displacement when they are operating. When these ballast tanks are empty, the wake boat has a draft no deeper than a typical runabout. When they want to wake surf, they just pump water into the ballast tanks; it takes just a couple minutes.

For reference I fish a 220-acre lake where the only boat launch is separated from the main lake by a channel with a depth of 2 feet or slightly less (my depth finder said 1.7 feet for a decently-long stretch of the channel). Wake boats abound on that lake; they have no issue putting in and traversing that channel with their ballast tanks empty.

I don't expect that these wake boats produce much damage to shoreline habitat or property as long as they observe the rules. Those rules (in MN) include "no wake" within 150 feet of shore. Of course, those rules also say that boats shouldn't be producing a wake within 150 feet of fishing boats either. That's the part that definitely gets ignored.

When I see them on a lake, I grit my teeth and try to tell myself it's their lake as much as mine. If you're casting in the bow on a calm day and a wake boat putters by behind you at 10mph producing a 3 footer, you can easily end up in the drink. You really need to be aware of your surroundings with them on the lake. They won't be paying attention to you, you can count on that. But if you're not paying attention to them, it can cost you.

Be careful out there.

Edited by RobertK 1/14/2022 1:37 PM
North of 8
Posted 1/14/2022 2:04 PM (#1000411 - in reply to #1000410)

I had looked at a review of five wake boats and all had draft of over 2 feet, without ballast. One of the channels on our chain I have to trim my 90hp tiller on a 18' Pro V way up for a good way to avoid hitting bottom and since they are inboards, assumed they would not get through without damaging prop.
Again, no firsthand knowledge of the boats, just have seen a lot of discussion about them at town meetings and for the first time this summer, at our lake association annual meeting. Apparently in some areas of northern WI, they have become very controversial. Ones I saw at boat shows were really pricey. Did admire the engineering that went into them.
RobertK
Posted 1/14/2022 2:21 PM (#1000413 - in reply to #1000406)

I think there IS the potential for wake boats to do damage to spawn habitat since often times this habitat is protected from wind action by some form of structure. There is no escaping a wake boat, though. If they decide to wake surf in a spawning bay, they will produce three footers where there would never otherwise be three footers. How different is it, though, then if a 21 foot Ranger goes up on plane while leaving that same bay?

I can understand why the boats are controversial. Their main purpose is to create big waves, and that's annoying to folks that want a quiet time on the water. And if wake boats fail to observe the rules, they can definitely do damage even at low speeds. They produce the same or larger wake than a big boat on plane. Lots of people have common sense enough to give other boaters and the shoreline some space when they're going 40mph. But, through the magic of engineering, a wake boat going 10mph creates just as large a wake, and they often don't seem to have any problem with driving right next to you while they do it.
chuckski
Posted 1/14/2022 11:19 PM (#1000418 - in reply to #1000406)

When I was a kid back in the 70's they (some of the guides) used to say "take any motor over 15 horse and burn them" or
i'll give up my big motor if everybody else does too!
ToddM
Posted 1/15/2022 7:23 AM (#1000420 - in reply to #1000406)

I fish a lake up north that's just over 200 acres and about 4 years ago a family bought a home on the lake that only pleasure boats. Wake boat, several jet skis and a couple other pleasure boats. It's enough that when they are out it's time to get off the lake.

Indiana has done a great job with this. They have many lakes that are 10mph only and some that are 10mph with open boating from 1-4pm.

Edited by ToddM 1/15/2022 7:25 AM
sworrall
Posted 1/15/2022 10:14 PM (#1000438 - in reply to #1000408)

IAJustin - 1/14/2022 1:11 PM

My first thought is if the lake is big enough that someone wants to wakeboard on it, it probably has 3' waves when the wind blows hard too? I'd be fine if all lakes 1000 acres or less were no wake - ha!

Nope. There are wakeboard boats and 600 hp pontoons on 500 acre lakes here. It's so bad some days you can't stand up in the boat. Minocqua is absolutely ridiculous.
sworrall
Posted 1/15/2022 10:17 PM (#1000439 - in reply to #1000413)

RobertK - 1/14/2022 2:21 PM

I think there IS the potential for wake boats to do damage to spawn habitat since often times this habitat is protected from wind action by some form of structure. There is no escaping a wake boat, though. If they decide to wake surf in a spawning bay, they will produce three footers where there would never otherwise be three footers. How different is it, though, then if a 21 foot Ranger goes up on plane while leaving that same bay?

I can understand why the boats are controversial. Their main purpose is to create big waves, and that's annoying to folks that want a quiet time on the water. And if wake boats fail to observe the rules, they can definitely do damage even at low speeds. They produce the same or larger wake than a big boat on plane. Lots of people have common sense enough to give other boaters and the shoreline some space when they're going 40mph. But, through the magic of engineering, a wake boat going 10mph creates just as large a wake, and they often don't seem to have any problem with driving right next to you while they do it.

How different? A LOT. A big boat going up on plane is a short lived wave in a small area. Wakeboarders and HUGE pontoons make giant waves the entire time they are on plane. I guide the Minocqua chain, and call it the 'wash machine' after 10 any day during the summer.
RobertK
Posted 1/16/2022 12:59 AM (#1000446 - in reply to #1000439)

I hear ya, Steve. I really don’t like those wake boats, either.
jdsplasher
Posted 1/16/2022 5:58 AM (#1000447 - in reply to #1000446)

So: the jet skis R Not So Bad Afterall. Give me a jets ski any day, before a Wake Boat.

Down here in SE Wi. , the lakes have gotten totally out of control after these wake boats became popular. 2-3 years ago, I’ve had to have taken in over 100 gallons of water over my gunnel, in a 18’ ranger. Wake Boats R a Total Menace!!!  Small aluminum boats, and kayaks R constantly being tipped on our waters. Skiers and wake boats R allowed plain at Sunrise till sunset. There is no safe area on our lakes, especially weekends. Even some wake boats push the sunset limits and extend their activity 15-25 minutes after sundown. The police boat seems to just turn their heads as these rich boaters seem to live on the lake  and pay the big taxes. Usually what I noticed, is the cops seem to pick on the smaller boats and anglers for small violations.

Besides the huge wakes, the boom boxes blaring Rap Crap, and other music at full decipals is very annoying. The pontoons cruise the no wake buoys often going in side the no wake as fisherman try to fish shoreline, or weed lines. The is literally No etiquette from these pontoons. A lot of Ignorance here! On top of that, at the launches these wake boats seem to launch around 7 am on weekends, then proceed to dock their boats at the public piers provided till 9-10 am, and not let other boaters use their spot on the public pier for 2-3 hours, like it’s their private pier! ;( Shear Ignorance)! 

The lake association seems to do nothing about negotiating at time frame for these WAKE boats. A 11-4 time frame may give other users of the lake some time to fish an relax. 

Years ago, you could start fishing early mornings till about 11 am before you had to get off the water avoiding the craziness. Now, the launches are pretty much full, yes, 60 spots by 9 am.

It has literally gotten to the point that if you want to fish, in some sort of peace, to launch at about 8pm, and fish into total darkness to get some peace and enjoyment.

It (Wake Boats) Has Really gotten out of Total control on our waters……Sheesh!

JD 

Edited by jdsplasher 1/16/2022 6:14 AM
North of 8
Posted 1/16/2022 7:30 AM (#1000448 - in reply to #1000447)

jdsplasher - 1/16/2022 5:58 AM

So: the jet skis R Not So Bad Afterall. Give me a jets ski any day, before a Wake Boat.

Down here in SE Wi. , the lakes have gotten totally out of control after these wake boats became popular. 2-3 years ago, I’ve had to have taken in over 100 gallons of water over my gunnel, in a 18’ ranger. Wake Boats R a Total Menace!!!  Small aluminum boats, and kayaks R constantly being tipped on our waters. Skiers and wake boats R allowed plain at Sunrise till sunset. There is no safe area on our lakes, especially weekends. Even some wake boats push the sunset limits and extend their activity 15-25 minutes after sundown. The police boat seems to just turn their heads as these rich boaters seem to live on the lake  and pay the big taxes. Usually what I noticed, is the cops seem to pick on the smaller boats and anglers for small violations.

Besides the huge wakes, the boom boxes blaring Rap Crap, and other music at full decipals is very annoying. The pontoons cruise the no wake buoys often going in side the no wake as fisherman try to fish shoreline, or weed lines. The is literally No etiquette from these pontoons. A lot of Ignorance here! On top of that, at the launches these wake boats seem to launch around 7 am on weekends, then proceed to dock their boats at the public piers provided till 9-10 am, and not let other boaters use their spot on the public pier for 2-3 hours, like it’s their private pier! ;( Shear Ignorance)! 

The lake association seems to do nothing about negotiating at time frame for these WAKE boats. A 11-4 time frame may give other users of the lake some time to fish an relax. 

Years ago, you could start fishing early mornings till about 11 am before you had to get off the water avoiding the craziness. Now, the launches are pretty much full, yes, 60 spots by 9 am.

It has literally gotten to the point that if you want to fish, in some sort of peace, to launch at about 8pm, and fish into total darkness to get some peace and enjoyment.

JD 

There is nothing the lake associations can do. And very little the municipalities can do. The DNR cannot do anything either, unless they actually hurt somebody. The newspaper here in Rhinelander has covered town board meetings on the subject quite extensively. About the only thing that can be done is to limit hours and that gets tricky as well. From what our lake association president found when he did some research, there is no interest in regulating the boats in the legislature and that is where it would have to come from. During the Walker administration, bills were passed that forbade the DNR from creating any regulation not specifically approved by the legislature.
OH Musky
Posted 1/16/2022 8:00 AM (#1000449 - in reply to #1000438)

sworrall - 1/15/2022 11:14 PM

Nope. There are wakeboard boats and 600 hp pontoons on 500 acre lakes here. It's so bad some days you can't stand up in the boat. Minocqua is absolutely ridiculous.

Same here in SW Ohio. Alum Creek has the lake split in half--northern half is all no-wake while the southern half is run-what-ya-brung. Caesar Creek has no large open water no-wake areas except the lower end near the #*^@. Even then people run through it, ski through it and basically ignore the no-wake rules. Even getting out early no longer affords the opportunity to fish peacefully. The wake board boats are worse than the ski boats in the wakes they kick out. Almost impossible to fish the banks as these wakes will push you into the shoreline (Caesar is very deep with steep banks on the south end). You definitely need to have your head on a swivel to watch who or what might be headed your way.

I agree that the water is theirs to use as much as mine but a little courtesy goes a long way. Unfortunately, there does no appear to much of that in play nowadays.
North of 8
Posted 1/16/2022 8:15 AM (#1000451 - in reply to #1000438)

sworrall - 1/15/2022 10:14 PM

The property owner who was quite concerned at our annual lake association mentioned Minocqua and the problem with the wake boats there. She claimed a friend was considering selling their lake home for that reason. Some of it comes down to common courtesy. I was out fishing in late summer on a 100 acre lake in the chain when three young men on high powered PWCs came flying into the lake. But, when they saw me fishing, they made sure to stay well away from me. They flew around the lake for about 15 minutes but never got closer than maybe 200 yards until they were leaving the lake to go down the channel. They had to get closer than because of where I was at, but they slowed way down in passing and gave me a wave. They did their thing but gave me space.
jdsplasher
Posted 1/16/2022 3:22 PM (#1000464 - in reply to #1000448)

North of 8 - 1/16/2022 7:30 AM
jdsplasher - 1/16/2022 5:58 AM

JD 

There is nothing the lake associations can do. And very little the municipalities can do. The DNR cannot do anything either, unless they actually hurt somebody. The newspaper here in Rhinelander has covered town board meetings on the subject quite extensively. About the only thing that can be done is to limit hours and that gets tricky as well. From what our lake association president found when he did some research, there is no interest in regulating the boats in the legislature and that is where it would have to come from. During the Walker administration, bills were passed that forbade the DNR from creating any regulation not specifically approved by the legislature.

Not aware of all the circumstances, but there’s been a 2-3 deaths the past 2 years here. People wiping out on skis in 3-4 footers, creates dangerous situations on visibility. Also kids jumping of pontoons/ swimming in 35-40 feet of water, outside no wake bouys, is an accident waiting to happen.

Maybe then, someone will Step In!

JD 

pstrombe
Posted 1/17/2022 9:12 AM (#1001467 - in reply to #1000406)

Wake boats can be controlled by no wake restrictions. Good example is village of Presque Isle. They have a no wake ordinace within 200 feet of shore. Due to the size and shapes of the lakes this restriction if enforced would effectively restrict wake boats to 3 or 4 lakes. In spite of this the Wilderness Alliance has filed suit against the town board demanding they outlaw wake boats on all village water. Under advice of counsel the board has refused to take the vote as to not make them the target of boat manufacturers or wake booard groups. Its not the boat but how you operate it.
No wake from 6 PM until 10 AM - No wake with 200 feet of Shorelines - Operator is responsible for all wake damage
North of 8
Posted 1/17/2022 11:49 AM (#1001475 - in reply to #1001467)

pstrombe - 1/17/2022 9:12 AM

Wake boats can be controlled by no wake restrictions. Good example is village of Presque Isle. They have a no wake ordinace within 200 feet of shore. Due to the size and shapes of the lakes this restriction if enforced would effectively restrict wake boats to 3 or 4 lakes. In spite of this the Wilderness Alliance has filed suit against the town board demanding they outlaw wake boats on all village water. Under advice of counsel the board has refused to take the vote as to not make them the target of boat manufacturers or wake booard groups. Its not the boat but how you operate it.
No wake from 6 PM until 10 AM - No wake with 200 feet of Shorelines - Operator is responsible for all wake damage

The story in Rhinelander paper discussed no wake zones, with a township ordinance as a control measure. But corporate counsel cautioned that it has to be written very carefully so as not to invite further litigation. Apparently, some ordinances that were drafted were tossed because they were too broad, etc.
sworrall
Posted 1/17/2022 1:49 PM (#1001476 - in reply to #1000406)

I fish several lakes where wakeboards and giant toons have taken over daylight hours. What used to be a 20' toon with a 50 idling by 100 feet away is now a 300 to 600 hp toon roaring by full throttle. How in the heck does one keep a beer in a glass at 60mph? Now as they rip by a casting distance away, they wave...like "hi there, we are going to flip your boat now! Enjoy."
banditman
Posted 1/17/2022 1:59 PM (#1001477 - in reply to #1000406)
Subject: RE: Wake Boats and Habitat

I have nothing good to say about those wake boats. That dam surfing all day long just drives me nuts!!! When I was young and still skiing, the ski boat companys all tried to have their boats make the smallest wake possible. Not so much with these wake boats. Unfortunetly, I dont see these things going away anytime soon.
North of 8
Posted 1/17/2022 2:47 PM (#1001479 - in reply to #1001476)

sworrall - 1/17/2022 1:49 PM

I fish several lakes where wakeboards and giant toons have taken over daylight hours. What used to be a 20' toon with a 50 idling by 100 feet away is now a 300 to 600 hp toon roaring by full throttle. How in the heck does one keep a beer in a glass at 60mph? Now as they rip by a casting distance away, they wave...like "hi there, we are going to flip your boat now! Enjoy."

I don't get the concept of these super high powered pontoons. Bought ours new back in '08, with 90hp 4stk Merc. Most of the time is spent putting along, enjoying being on the lake with friends and family.
esoxaddict
Posted 1/17/2022 6:06 PM (#1001483 - in reply to #1001467)

pstrombe - 1/17/2022 9:12 AM

That's good in theory, but with no law enforcement presence who is going to stop them? I agree that most of the lakes would be off limits just due to size, small landings and no parking, but it won't stop them from trying. Hope they try Crab first.
Ranger
Posted 1/17/2022 7:05 PM (#1001484 - in reply to #1000406)

I HATE wakeboard boats and they are part of the reason I sold my lakehouse in SW MI. I lived on Gravel Lake, about 300 acres, the property/place was in the family since 1865. I was 5th generation owner. Broke my heart to see how the congestion and noise and great anal-unit behavior became the new normal in my lifetime. Lawsuits and fistfights and the lake surface was filthy with weeds and an oil sheen from May thru September. First the big boats drove us off the water during the day and then the weeds on the surface prevented us from fishing at night.

I have no doubt the steady, crazy waves changed the habitat but who knows if for the worse or better. We used to have hundreds/thousands of bluegill beds every early summer in 3-5' of water all along our half mile shoreline. Over the span of 10 years the fish moved out to bed in 10-15' of water. Crashed the population but if you knew what/where we were catching 10" gills. I dunno. Do know this, tho....

The big ass waves greatly increased erosion of the shoreline, particularly on the northwest part of the lake. That shoreline rarely saw big waves due to prevailing winds and the bottom was silt/sand. After 10 years the steady pleasure boat waves made the shallow lake bottom migrate deeper, the currents pulled the soft/light silt out away from the shoreline. Now, increased people also means increased sewage and lawn fertilizer. So, what used to be weed-free silt/sand in 2-6' of water became very weedy water in 1-3' of water. It used to be 5' deep 100' from shore and you could row a light boat right up to the shoreline. Not anymore and never again - now it's 2' deep 100' from shore and maybe 10" deep 20' from shore. You have to have a kayak or canoe to pull up to the shoreline, everything else will bottom out.

I lived on the windblown east side of the lake and the waves ****ed us over, too. Indirectly. Every few years the lake dropped to relatively low levels and the Chicago anal-units trucked in sand for their beaches. Tons of sand. When the water levels went back to normal the spring waves and then the summer pleasure boat waves "redistributed" all that sand. It made the shallow water even more shallow and big waves rolled over everything to chew away at our front yards, making everything even more shallow.

I can go on and on, but I'll stop here. I HATE wakeboard boats and by association everybody from Chicago. Sorry, but not, Andrew.

Edited by Ranger 1/17/2022 7:15 PM
pstrombe
Posted 1/17/2022 8:11 PM (#1001487 - in reply to #1000406)

It's my understanding Village of Presque Isle will be stepping up enforcement this year.
miket55
Posted 1/17/2022 9:40 PM (#1001489 - in reply to #1001479)

North of 8 - 1/17/2022 3:47 PM

I don't get the concept of these super high powered pontoons. Bought ours new back in '08, with 90hp 4stk Merc. Most of the time is spent putting along, enjoying being on the lake with friends and family.

I love it when I'm just outside a weed edge 100' offshore, casting toward shore, and the puttering pontoon goes between me and the shore "to stay out of my way". Oh yes, there's the waves like "Hi we're just going to just blow up this whole shoreline you're trying to fish."

Edited by miket55 1/17/2022 9:44 PM
HNTNBUX
Posted 1/18/2022 8:01 AM (#1001495 - in reply to #1000406)

I HATE wake boats. I HATE wake boats.

I am so glad to see everyone else's experience with other boaters and the frustration expressed with other rude boaters behaviors. I was starting to think I might have anger issues and was perhaps to sensitive to others encroaching on my space. Thank you for the validation.
7ovr50
Posted 1/18/2022 11:59 AM (#1001505 - in reply to #1000406)

The only way to control Wake Boats is by limiting HP on all boats using that lake. Are you sure that is a can of worms worth opening? You may be cutting off your nose to spite your face. No more 300- 400hp Rangers ect..... Think about it. Ya I hate wake boats as much as anyone does, including water skiers, but every thing comes with a cost. That may end up being HP Restrictions. Are you willing to pay the price? Just my two cents
North of 8
Posted 1/18/2022 12:44 PM (#1001507 - in reply to #1001505)

I think the biggest problem, shore line and property damage could be limited by enforcing distance from shore ordinances. At least in theory. However, in counties like Oneida and Vilas with so many lakes, so much shore line, don't know how you would ever enforce it. And there is a lot of money involved. Very expensive boats, very profitable for manufacturers and dealers.
Ranger
Posted 1/18/2022 2:09 PM (#1001511 - in reply to #1001507)

North of 8 - 1/18/2022 1:44 PM

I think the biggest problem, shore line and property damage could be limited by enforcing distance from shore ordinances. At least in theory. However, in counties like Oneida and Vilas with so many lakes, so much shore line, don't know how you would ever enforce it. And there is a lot of money involved. Very expensive boats, very profitable for manufacturers and dealers.

I appreciate what you're saying but distance from shore will never be applied in small, very congested lakes. Like lakes under 400 acres. In southwest MI there are tons of small lakes, lakes between 400 and 50 acres. Many, if not most, of those lakes have no open lakefront lots left. My old stomp, 300-acre big Gravel Lake, is totally developed and not just on the lakeshore. There is also a secondary circle of houses on the other side of the street. Now check this crazy.... most lots on the lake are between 30 and 40' wide. You can be eating dinner in your house and with the windows open hear your neighbor flush their toilet. What used to be small fishing cottages are now 2 story luxury homes built to the very edge of setbacks. And all those homes have huge docks with way too many boats. The Chicago people descend on Friday and the lake ROARS till Monday.

Regarding law enforcement - all the rowdy, loud anal-units have an agreement - the first person to see the law putting a boat into the lake sends an emergency text to everybody else. And there's an agreement that if you see the law you pull your air horn and honk it 3 times. If you hear the 3 honks you pull your horn and honk 3 times. The whole dang lake lights up with sound for 2 minutes as the word is passed. It's all about DUIs - drunks hand over driving to a kid or boot scoot for home. The whole lake knows the law is there before the deputies even finish putting their boat in the water. The entire lake association is managed by homeowners from Chicago. It was lake association leadership that came up with the plan.
curdmudgeon
Posted 1/18/2022 8:36 PM (#1001520 - in reply to #1000406)

checking videos and comments on social media, you get this:

Honestly just get over it

Just jealous u can afford one

Karen!!! Im going to bring my Wake boat out from Montana just to pee you off!!!

Notice where the "dangerous shoreline overhang" is there is no vegetation to prevent the natural erosion. Looks like it was removed by a property owner. Hmmm?

Your an idiot, I like how you put the camera down next to the water to make it look like erosion. Not to mention you show boats on step not towing. You should take better care of it by leaving native plants and not ornamental grass so it looks pretty....

My conclusion: I'd rather debate Wisconsin trolling or native spearing regs. At least the other side has an argument. These wakeboaters are completely retarded.
7.62xJay
Posted 1/18/2022 9:42 PM (#1001521 - in reply to #1000406)

Detracting from subject required:
Wake boats are just a symptom of the disease man, which is 0 natural resource education to the public,lack of funding to enforcement, lazy and uneducated enforcement.
Assume you successfully regulate wake boats okay? Your still left with every other "traditional" recreationer eroding shoreline(fisherman not exempt) albeit at slower rate, homeowners illegaly developing shoreline, homeowners and builders not using proper erosion control methods.
Idk how to solve this problem, but the very people that we're talking about; I work for. Most are kind,wealthy, and 50% are self centered. They keep alot of us in the Northwoods employed, I'm not advocating that they should be jailed into their rightful vacation property. Buuuuuuuut....
There's a saying we have at work "You can't be smart if your stupid". I think it applies for these folks. They simply don't know anybetter. They can certainly afford a tax hike on their lakeshore property. Use that funding to issue all current and future developing lakeshore owners annnnd builders a "legal brochure". Something that simplifies and provides colored picture examples of current and now future legislation. Than when enforcement comes there's no exceptions for the "Oh I didnt know" statement.

Ranger-I hope you reported that garbage. Yall ever see crap like that, u can file an anymouse tip at 1-800-847-9367 to the WI DNR.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)