Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Muskie Story/Article

Message Subject: Muskie Story/Article
Muskie13
Posted 1/1/2022 9:58 AM (#1000027)
Subject: Muskie Story/Article

Many years ago I read an article in a magazine about a gigantic Muskie. The author spun a great tale about a Muskie sighting and go to catch it… only to inform the reader it as just a story. I thought the author was maybe Doug Stange? In-Fisherman? Searched online and couldn’t locate anything. If anyone can remember the title or author it would be appreciated. It was a great read…
Angling Oracle
Posted 1/1/2022 7:14 PM (#1000034 - in reply to #1000027)
Subject: Re: Muskie Story/Article

I recall an article similar to that I think may have been in a Gray's Sporting Journal in the '80s. Might have been a different article than the one you are thinking of but stuck with me as to muskie fishing being a quest and something much different than any other kind of fishing.
ColdLabatts
Posted 1/6/2022 8:48 PM (#1000133 - in reply to #1000027)

I have a 20 year old In-Fisherman magazine dedĂ­cated to just trophy fish. I believe its a special edition. The article is by Doug Stange but mainly deals with an interview Dick Pearson did with a guy who hooked a gigantic muskie on Whitefish Bay. He got it to the boat and got a rough boatside measurement before it got off. He has it at 65 inches and 80 pounds(estimating of course).

Not sure if thats the one you're thinking of, but its a fantastic read and story. The fish had a 10" suick completely sideways in its mouth and was a weird mustard color from what I remember.
Muskie13
Posted 1/8/2022 7:59 PM (#1000206 - in reply to #1000133)

Yes. No Mortal Muskie. That is the fictional tale I was after…
ColdLabatts
Posted 1/9/2022 4:30 PM (#1000223 - in reply to #1000027)

Its a fun read. That whole issue is a great read dealing with fish of many lifetimes. Looking back 25 years later I'm curious what Dick Pearson and/or Doug Stange would think about it now.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)