Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Ohio Muskie Show

Message Subject: Ohio Muskie Show
mikie
Posted 10/27/2021 11:13 AM (#997785)
Subject: Ohio Muskie Show

Last I heard from Tony, it's on! m

www.ohiomuskyshow.com/home.html
OH Muskyman
Posted 10/27/2021 7:00 PM (#997789 - in reply to #997785)
Subject: Re: Ohio Muskie Show

Sweet, this will my first time to the OH show. How big is it typically Mike?
Kgonefishin
Posted 10/28/2021 11:33 AM (#997798 - in reply to #997785)

Don't skip on the hotel raffle and party afterwards. Only musky show I've been too so can't say how big but more than enough to keep you interested for hours. I think some video is on youtube
miket55
Posted 10/28/2021 7:16 PM (#997803 - in reply to #997785)

It's a big enough show that Thorne Bros. sets up shop for the weekend....and the party/raffle is worth the price of a ticket.

Edited by miket55 10/28/2021 7:17 PM
mikie
Posted 1/21/2022 8:18 AM (#1001640 - in reply to #997785)

Starts today. m
mikie
Posted 1/21/2022 5:42 PM (#1001679 - in reply to #997785)

"Dig in them jeans and pull out them greens!" m
Muskyrookie
Posted 1/21/2022 5:50 PM (#1001680 - in reply to #1001679)

How does this show compare with the Pittsburgh show? I'm thinking about going but it's 7+ hr round trip. : (
OH Musky
Posted 1/22/2022 3:03 PM (#1001705 - in reply to #997785)

Turnout seemed good. Tony and Gregg were happy about that. But down 11 vendors. Place was plenty packed while we were there today.

Unfortunately, the Southern Muskyfest set for next weekend has been cancelled. Tony said not enough vendors signed up.
OH Muskyman
Posted 1/22/2022 3:26 PM (#1001706 - in reply to #997785)

I was there yesterday and left about 5pm, I asked how many had came in as I left they said around 180 people. Good time and some good vendors there. I was happy to see a booth for Lake of the Woods Lodge and Greg will be guiding there as well. Stayed there on 4 different trips years ago.
Muskyrookie
Posted 1/23/2022 12:29 AM (#1001715 - in reply to #1001706)

I ended up going today and it was a nice show even though some vendors dropped out. Got to meet and talk to some good folks. I'll see if I can get some pics uploaded of the baits I picked up. First folks I talked to were from widowmaker baits. They were some cool cats lol I got 6 baits from them, a deadhead, deadhead with tail, tail chaser, 2 show baits which were like 4" gliders, and a small crankbait. I love how they make a glider that slow floats! Got a good deal too! Thanks guys!! Then I stopped and talked with boggs baits who was pretty cool and helped me pick out a few baits, I don't remember the names of them though lol but they have that sweet fat curly ribbon tail. I saw those on a video from a guide in Virginia and wanted to grab a few. Cant wait to use those as a toss back bait when i get follows on bucktails. Stopped by another vendor ( forget the name ) he was a good guy and im sorry i forgot his name. he had some smaller cranks with a sweet darting and twitching action. I picked up 2 of those, I think those will be great for spring and even a few bass along the way. Visited with talons and they were cool. It was awesome to check out the 15" cranks they had "WOW" but ended up getting a few smaller cranks from them too. Stopped by cross bones baits and they had some sweet gliders and I wanted to add some smaller sizes so I picked up 2. Then I stopped by the sledge booth, that guy was really cool to chat with and and had some good stories lmao. I picked up a few dive and rises off him. Last vendor I visited was Matt's reel repair. He was awesome to deal with, I recently picked up a tranx hg and he hooked me up with a larger daiwa paddle handle setup to slap on it. I stopped by thorne bros booth and was saddened to hear that they dont have telescopic predator rods. I even met a talked with Ryan from YouTube " fishing pa with Ryan Reed" he was cool and maybe I can catch up with him on the water sometime and catch some muskies on video. That'd be sweet!!! I was looking for you there Mike but didn't see ya, maybe I'll see ya at musky max if you go. All in all the 8 hours of driving sucked, but it was a good way to spend a day when it's single digit temps and can't go fishing for some ski's. Just wish i would've got to see some seminars and the swap meet but I will in Pittsburgh. Their was plenty of good stuff left so if anyone is thinking of going some good savings are there on pretty much everything . Good luck
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)